Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Birthday!!

Today's my Mom's birthday
and it's a great milestone.
She's turning 60
and I'm pretty sure that 60 is the new 40 :)

6 fun facts about her...
1. When I got married she wrote out all of her best recipes for me.  She surprised me at one of my showers with a recipe box filled with tried and true family favorite recipes.  It's my favorite cook book!

2. She loves sweets just as much as I do.

3. She doesn't love traveling, but she'll travel to come and see me.

4. My mom is the ultimate party planner and has the perfect supplies to throw any party.  As a result, she hosts all kinds of gatherings throughout the year.

5. When we were little, she would make my sister and I matching Easter dresses.  She even saved them for us to share with our daughters.  I can't wait for Olive to wear them.

6. She arranged my marriage when I was in elementary school.  She befriended my now MIL and they used to make plans about Kevin & I getting married.  We used to be embarrassed about the on-going joke until we realized it was a great idea.  Thanks, Mom!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

It's also Kevin's Grandpa's 85th birthday :)
Happy birthday Grandpa!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your mom!! :)

    Amy @ http://nystateofmind5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Carl and your mother shared the same b'day...How neat.Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your mom! How cute that she conspired for you to marry Kevin. Mothers know best, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 60 is definitely the new 40 :) I love that she saved your Easter dresses!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.