Thursday, August 21, 2014

Trend or Trash: Light Denim

I'm seeing more and more light denim making appearances in the stores.  
It seems to be everywhere for fall.  What do you think - trend or trash??

Gap 1969 Patch Back Denim Jacket

Whitney Says...
I am a fan.  I love the light denim and just bought a light denim jacket from GAP for Fall.  I don't think I'll be wearing this trend in jeans since I typically wear dark wash jeans.  I will probably stick to light chambray shirts and my jacket.  I'd love to pair it with a great, plaid scarf or plaid button down shirt for Fall.   

Light Denim Inspired Looks that I'd like to replicate:
Wearing fitted pieces in different washes (like Cameron's light jacket and indigo Earnest Sewn jeans) is the key to pulling off the tricky combo seen on the star. And adding cool accessories – like a tomato-red bag, Brian Atwood sandals and modified cat-eye frames
via peoplestylewatch

Lacey has a really fantastic summer in the city look. Love the dressed down boat stripe shirt under the denim jacket. Then to make this city-jungle appropriate, the masses of gold jewelry and giant cocktail ring are perfect. Even really digging the tortoiseshell sunglasses.
via refinery29

light denim jacket, olive skinny jeans, gray scarf, ray-bans
via collegefashion

3 comments:

  1. I love it! There's a jacket at kohls (Jennifer Lopez collection) that's light denim that I want. It's wrinkled too so it looks pretty cool I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's growing on me. Light denim was style taboo for so long that I need to see it on lots of people before I feel safe to venture out in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a tough one, because yes, it is in now......but for how long? It's easy for Cameron Diaz to flaunt a light denim jacket for two months, because she can just switch to something else once the style passes. Meanwhile, we're stuck with a $90 denim jacket we can't wear for another 24 years. lol

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.