Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Graduation Celebration

 I knew I wanted to have a graduation party for Kevin when we were home visiting our family this summer.  I wanted everyone to come and celebrate him reaching this milestone.  He technically graduated in May 2014 but wasn't official until he finished his internship in July 2014.  We weren't going home for a visit until August so that's when we planned the party.  It turned out that Kevin's brother, Kyle, was graduating from law school so we ended up having a joint celebration.  Both sides of our family came and it was a lot of fun.  Kevin's mom - Pam - graciously offered to host and help coordinate the food and I got to do my favorite parts - the stationery, decorations, favors and desserts.

I saw several cute graduation invitations but I COULD NOT beat Sam's prices.  They were $0.38 per invitation, that included an envelope and they were ready in an hour.  Stamps have gotten so pricey that I really had to stick to a tight budget on invitations.

I got Smarties and Nerds in honor of the graduates and found graduation bubbles.
The kids enjoyed both.


 I made funfetti cupcakes with homemade buttercream.  They were delish and one of my favorite compliments of the night was What bakery did these cupcakes come from because I'd love to order these for some events I have coming up??  Awwww thanks :)
 My mom did most of the work for the sugar cookies.

We grilled out and had tons of yummy, summery side dishes.

 Drink station:


 Party supplies came from...
Invitations - Sam's
Nerds - Party City 5 boxes/$1
Smarties - Wal-Mart
Straws - Kroger
Table cloths, sparkly graduation decor and napkins - The Dollar Tree


 I wish I would have taken more pictures to show everyone that was at the party 
BUT I was busy trying to help host, keep food stocked and watch a very busy one year old who was intent on climbing the stairs/touching everything breakable.  True Story: I left Kevin in charge of Olive for a bit when he was sitting on the patio.  I came back out and noticed that she had a mouth full of something... that something was LEAVES!  I scooped her up and fired him as her babysitter :)
 The Jordan Men :)

1 comment:

  1. nice job, whitney! you seriously could've been a party planner!! your cupcakes *do* look professionally done!

    p.s. good story about olive! ha ha! Dads. ;)

    p.p.s. i got your photo in the mail! i love it! you've inspired me :)

    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.