Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy Friday!!

 This week seemed like a long one... we returned from vacation, had AC issues at home, were all battling summer colds and spent time unpacking boxes to finish moving in our house.  I'm excited for the weekend and the fact that we have no plans.  Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can enjoy some family time.

The highlights of my week:

1. Taking our first road trip to the beach from Mississippi.  We met Kevin's family in Gulf Shores and were thrilled with the short 4.5 hour drive.  Olive travels really well so the trip was a breeze.  The weather was amazing and we were on the beach every day.

 2. I wasn't sure what Olive would think of the beach.  Last year she was only 6 weeks old so she didn't set foot in the sand or water.  We headed to the beach with several swim suits, loads of sunscreen and sand toys hoping that she'd be a beach baby.  Lucky for us, she was in heaven!  She'd crawl in the sand, roll around, try to bury her legs and plan in the sand for hours.  It was quite entertaining to watch her navigate the new environment.

 3. A trip to the beach wouldn't be complete without visiting the outlet malls.  We headed to the outlets at Foley and had great luck!  GAP was having major sales and it seemed as though everything in the store was striped right now.  I ended up getting a dress, a sweater, lots of tops and a scarf.  The deals were too good to pass up.  I also found a great pearl headband at Loft.

 4. The football countdown is on at our house and we're already starting to talk about game day foods, new recipes, football schedules and outdoor games to play at halftime.  We put together our ladderball and I've been pinning gameday recipes.  Do you have a favorite appetizer to share??  I'd love to try out your recipes.

 5. The weather has been perfect in Mississippi so we've been spending a lot of time in our backyard.  Olive loves exploring, splashing in her pool and I have to be on my toes to make sure she isn't eating leaves and sampling bites of flowers.  I blew up her little pool, filled it with water in the early morning and gave it a chance to warm up for an afternoon swim.  It's not as fun as the ocean but I think she appreciates the salt free water.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

8 comments:

  1. Olive is such a dollbaby! And yay for your awesome outlet finds, that's the best part of beach vacations in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Olive! She is sure a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beach baby on your hands- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Olive just lounging in the beach chair! I'm so ready for football season I can hardly stand it! I can't wait to break out all of our football season decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, for beach vacations!! I don't think it is possible for Olive to be any cuter :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you all had a great time at the beach! I always like your Olive posts- she's too cute! And I think she's very close in age to Kane... He was born on June 7 last year.

    Tif @ Bright on a Budget
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! LOVE the outlet malls!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.