Friday, August 1, 2014

It's Friday!!

We just got back in town from a great 10 days in Indiana visiting family and friends.  Our road trip was completely uneventful and the two cats and baby traveled like champions over the 1,000 miles.  We are glad to be home and remember my favorite parts of the week:

1. My best friend had her first baby while I was in town!!  I was hoping my summer visit would overlap with Scarlett's arrival and it did!!  She's the cutest little bundle with a great head of hair.

2. I tried my first cold soup and LOVED it!!  I can't stop thinking about this cool cantaloupe soup I had at Biaggis.  I'm thinking of attempting to make one of my own.  Do you have any cold soup recipes to recommend??

3. My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary!!  We've had so much fun together over the years.  It was fun to look back at wedding pictures and relive our special day.  

4. I got to try Orange Leaf for the first time!
PRO: It was delicious!
CON: this half filled bowl of ice cream with minimal toppings was $4.50
I will go back but probably save it for more of a splurge than a regular event.  I tried the peanut butter, brownie batter and oreo ice cream topped with crushed oreos and mini m&ms (because obviously the mini ones taste better).

5. My sister helped me with a little sewing project - my Vera bag needed a little strap makeover so this ruffle upcycle project was perfect!!  Tune back in for a little tutorial.

 6. We had lots of family/cousin time while we were home.  It was a lot of fun to see the little kiddos playing and attempting to share with each other. 

PS I posted a yummy recipe for

My Finish This statements of the week...
I like wearing...
patterns, polka-dots, cardigans, skinny jeans and accessories.
My most memorable style was...
pegged jeans.
I remember pegging/tight rolling my jeans so tightly that they'd leave marks on my legs.  I'd reroll them if they got loose and wore this style for much of my upper elementary career.  I was extra proud of my 4th grade self if my pants didn't come unpegged all day.  I'm pretty sure I wore colored socks to match my shirts with said pegged jeans and I also called my best friends to coordinate our outfits.
I dress to impress when...
I go out for any special occasion - fancy dinner, wedding or baby shower, weddings, church, important meetings and I always dressed up when I was teaching.
The best style tip I ever received was...
TRY THINGS ON
and ignore sizes & buy what fits!
You won't know if something looks great on you unless you try it on so always try things on.  I've never been one to say I'm a size ____ or I always wear a _____.  I try things on a buy the size that fits me best regardless of what the tag says.
 Three wardrobe staples in my closet...
cardigans, skinny jeans and lots of accessories.
Three words that describe my style...
colorful, girly and classic

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

6 comments:

  1. oh my! you're having a stellar summer! and i love those fro-yo places you can put your own toppings on. i get out of control. thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful time in Indiana! Hope you're all relaxing this weekend. I felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation when we got back home! Have a great Friday!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the postings Whitney..Always so glad to share some time with you, Kevin, and sweet little Olive Kate....She sure is a doll in all respects.......Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your tutorial on the Vera! My favorite tote has fraying handles and I never thought about covering them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you guys! May you have many more! What a significant week you had. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had an awesome time! Can't wait to see the strap makeover tutorial! I have TONS of Vera (especially in the pink version of your pattern) and hate when the straps get worn:(

    Tif @ Bright on a Budget

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.