Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Simple Sugar Cookies

I like a good sugar cookie and an easy sugar cookie is even better.  These are rolled in sprinkles and don't require any time icing them.  They are simple and oh so easy to make.  My husband loves icing so I think next time I'd make sugar cookie sandwiches out of these and put icing in the middle of two cookies for him.

I started with a recipe from inspiredreamer
Here's my version
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c softened butter
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t cream of tartar
pinch of salt
2 1/2 c flour
red and green sprinkles

Cream together butter and sugars.
 Add in the rest of the ingredients.
 The recipe didn't say to refrigerate them but I would refrigerate the dough for about an hour before baking next time.  I found that the room temp dough did not hold its shape very well.

 Use your cookie scoop to scoop out the dough, place them on a bed of sprinkles and then use your fork to make lines in it if you wish.  Top with sprinkles.

 Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
Let cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet.
 These were easy and very festive!

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! I think Amelia and I are going to have to try them.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.