Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cran Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

My husband loves oatmeal cookies so I'm always trying new recipes to find the perfect one.  I have tried lots of good ones and I wanted to share this festive one with you.

I found my recipe from familyfoodie

Ingredients:
1/2 c softened butter
1 c sugar
 1 egg
1 1/2 c quick cook oats
1 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla
1 cup craisins
 1 1/2 c your favorite chocolate chips
(I used 3/4 c white chocolate chips and 3/4 c dark choc chips)

*I'd do 1/2 c sugar and 1/2 c brown sugar instead of 1 c sugar next time.

Cream butter and sugar.  Mix in egg.
 Add dry ingredients.
 Add craisins.
 If you are doing two different kinds of chocolate chips,
divide the batter in half and stir in the chocolate chips.
If you are just using one kind of chips,
dump the chips into the mixer after the craisins.

 These cookies were really easy to make and very kid friendly.
My baby needed some attention as I was scooping cookie dough so I picked her up and gained a helper.  She was fascinated by the cookie scoop and was eager to help :)  I adore these sweet pictures of her little hands.

 Scooped and ready to be baked.

 Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
Let them cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet then remove.
 These were pretty cookies and my oatmeal loving husband thought they were delicious!  He scarfed down all of the white chocolate ones and said that these cookies were "dangerous"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.