Monday, December 16, 2013

DIY Pine Wreath

One of my favorite things about buying a real tree is that you can make your own wreaths and pine bouquets with the branches you trim off.  Plus tree lots are usually dying to get rid of their extra pine branches so I've been known to dive into their bin to get a few more branches for the road :)

Supplies
Grape vine wreath
a pile of pine tree branches
meal wire
ornaments, berries, decorations, etc.

Your cats will be curious and your babies will need toys to occupy themselves.

 Start laying out the branches around the wreath.

 Use metal wire and start securing the branches around the wreath.

 Hang your wreath on the door and see if it's the right shape.
It more than likely will need a few more small branches or a trim here and there.
You won't have to add any more wire, 
just tuck in the branches to already existing wires.

 I also did a bowl full of branches with the leftovers.


I would normally do this outside but it was pouring rain 
so I just vacuumed up the needles when I was done.
 You'll want to wear gloves or just know that your hands will look like this when you finish working with the sappy branches.

 Large, fresh wreaths often sell for $40+ 
so this is a great way to save money on your Christmas decorations.
It smells great, takes less than 30 minutes to make and it is so easy!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed! I always think that making a wreath seems so hard!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.