Friday, December 13, 2013

Highlights of My Week

We are wrapping up a Christmasy week at our house.  We had an icy storm come through so we have spent a lot of time at home.  It's been great for me to get so many Christmas things done since Christmas is just a few weeks away.  All of my baking, DIYs and fun things of the week have a Christmasy vibe to them.  I guess it's be expected during the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiiime of the year :)

1. I had the sweetest baking moment of my life this week.  I was trying a new cookie recipe and my baby woke up just as I was ready to scoop them out to be baked.  She wanted to be held so I picked her up and decided I'd try to hold her and scoop cookies at the same time.  She was perfectly happy and so interested in what I was doing.  Before I knew it she was reaching out to "help" me make cookies.  I had my camera handy because I was baking with the intention of blogging my recipe.  SO glad to capture this moment on camera.

2.I made a few ornaments this week. It was so fun to make this one for my baby to celebrate her first Christmas.  I posted the tutorial yesterday.

3. Our Christmas tree is travel themed this year.  One souvenir that we always pick up when we travel is a Christmas ornament from the place we visit.  We have quite a fun little collection - San Francisco, Vegas, Mt. Rushmore, national parks and more.  I decided to make a fun garland out of an old atlas I found and am really happy with how it turned out.  Stop by back in a few days for my tutorial.

4.Christmas goodies are plentiful at my house right now.  I've tried 4 new recipes so far and am eager to try a few more next week.  I'll be posting my recipes in the near future.  I only post recipes that my family enjoys because who has time to read about/blog about FLOPS?!?!  So if you see it on my blog, it'll be tasty.

5.We experienced our first winter storm in the South.  I'm thinking that we are going to be seeing a lot more ice than snow in Little Rock.  We had gotten used to having tons of powdery snow dumped on us regularly in Utah and the snow management out west was amazing.  Ice is a whole different ball game.  We didn't leave the house for days and were thankful we never lost power.  Olive was thrilled to watch the snow from the comforts of our warm living room.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. We had an ice storm also and I spent most my time warm and safe at home baking lots of Christmas treats! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy, festive, merry post!!! YAY!
    happy, merry weekend, love! xx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.