Monday, January 28, 2013

Homemade Pizza

I mentioned last week that I've been on a recipe trying kick.
This is the original recipe that I tweeked a bit.

Here's my latest success...
HOMEMADE PIZZA

My husband and I could eat pizza all the time
so I was excited to try a healthier version than ordering out.
CRUST:
 3/4 c warm water
1 pkg self rising yeast
1 t sugar
2 1/2 c flour
1 t Kosher salt
3 T olive oil

TOPPINGS:
marinara
your favorite toppings

Mix water and yeast.
 Add sugar to proof.
 Let stand for 5 minutes and make sure it's frothy.
If not, start over.
 Mix flour, salt and olive oil.
I used my Kitchen Aid mixer and it was really easy.
 Mix until well combined and then lightly coat with olive oil.
 Cover in a warm place and let rise for 30 minutes or so.
Preheat oven to 400.

 Roll out to desired thickness.
I left a nice crust all around the edge and decided a square pizza was a nice shape.
 Bake for 8 minutes before adding toppings to ensure a fully cooked crust.
 Add your favorite marinara sauce and toppings.
 I always use turkey pepperoni because it's delish and better for you.
 My husband likes more variety in toppings so I chopped some things for him.
Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
Add cheese.

 Bake for 13-15 minutes with the toppings at 400.
Voila... a delicious homemade pizza!
Let cool for a few minutes and then cut.
I was impressed that you could pick up this pizza to eat it!
Most homemade pizzas have a floppy crust so this recipe was super.
My husband asked if we could have it again this week :)

 I also made a mini veggie tray to go with the pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.