Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Pull Aparts

I mentioned last week that I was going to be making a recipe for
Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread.
So I did and I used this recipe and made some changes of my own.

Here's my version:
Dough:
3 c flour
2 T cornstarch
3/4 t salt
1 packet of yeast
1/2 c sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 c water
2 eggs
1 t vanilla

Filling:
1 cup brown sugar
3 t cinnamon
1 t cornstarch
1/4 c melted butter
chopped pecans

Icing:
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla
2-3 T milk
(I like my icing THICK so I went easy on the milk)

Combine cornstarch, sugar, yeast salt and 2 1/2 c flour.

Heat butter and milk until butter is melted.
Add water and vanilla.
Pour all of the liquid into the flour bowl.
 Mix, adding one egg at a time and remaining flour
 until dough forms a ball.
I added a teaspoon or two of cinnamon to the dough.
Knead dough for just a bit and 
Let rise for 30-45 minutes.

Make the filling while your dough rises.
Mix the dry ingredients first and then add the melted butter.

Risen dough:
Add a little flour and knead.
Roll out dough.
 Generously spread with butter.
 Top with filling.
 Evenly spread out 3/4 of the filling.
Optional (but I'd highly recommend) adding chopping pecans.
 Roll it up carefully.
Slice it in about 1/2 inch circles.
 Top slices with the remaining 1/4 of the filling as topping.
 Put on a greased jelly roll pan in any arrangement you'd like.

Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes and then start icing.
I put a glob on each roll and then went back to spread out the icing evenly.
This helps to make sure that you don't run out of icing
and that your icing is equally distributed.
 They pulled apart so nicely.

Overall review: Delicious and I will be making these again.
 These Cinnamon Roll Pull Aparts were best the day of
and pretty good microwaved the following day.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely fantastic!!! Maybe I should try to make them too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of cinnamon rolls in a pull apart form! So fun
    I'd love for you to come and join in over at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party.http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-2/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.