Friday, January 24, 2014

Highlights of the Week

Happy short work week to you!!  We had a three day weekend and it made me think that we should find a way to repeat that real soon!  The weeks has flown by and we have really enjoyed ourselves.  These are the best parts of our week:

1. I tried a new recipe for these cookies and they were SO good!!
You should give my recipe a try.

2. We got to spend a little extra time together this week.  Kevin was home and we didn't have any big plans but strolling around Sams, running errands, going for walks and watching movies was the perfect way to spend the weekend together.  Olive was thrilled to see more of her da-da.

3. I started watching Crazy Hearts: Nashville on A&E and I'm hooked!!
I'm kind of obsessed with it and look forward to watching it each week.
Have you seen it??
Ah the drama with Lee & Leroy, all of the love interests and intertwined story lines.
You should definitely check it out.
Plus it kind of makes me want to move to Nashville.

4. We ordered take out Chinese this week and this was my fortune...
the meal was delicious and the fortune was perfect for me.

 5. I'm usually a pretty big dessert snob...
let me explain...
I only like homemade and want it to be fresh.
I blame this on the fact that my mom is a great baker and taught me to love only the best.
However, I got a coupon for a free apple pie at Sams and no one is more surprised than me to tell you that it was really good!  The crust was tasty, the cinnamony filling was great and the only things that I'd change is to add more apples.  Keep this in mind if you don't bake pies or if you are ever in need of a quick dessert to pick up.

Finish It questions for the week:
A typical day in my life...
involves lots of sitting on the floor playing with my baby.

You'll never see me...
waking up early in the morning to get things done.

If I could buy one thing right now, it would be...
a great pair of ankle boots.
I have high expectations for...
myself and everyone around me.

Hope you have a great weekend!!!
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for more family time and cookies! ;) Have a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 3 day weekends! I've had this week off work and it's been great. I'm back on Sunday and full of dread =(

    Your fortune cookie was great, I usually get proper naff ones, ha.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That apple pie looks sooo good! I'm kind of a dessert "snob" too, haha! But I will say that Costco has some of the best pre-made desserts - especially their brownies! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, store bought desserts are usually best left alone. My mom is a major baking queen too, and she approves the pies at Sam's. Must be pretty amazing! I belong to Costco, maybe I'll give them a try. =) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like an awesome week! I may have to try those cookies this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family Time + Cookies = Fabulous Week

    I will for sure be trying that cookie recipe - I am always on the lookout for new cookie recipes. So thank you for sharing and linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.