Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Sunshine Baskets

This Summer I had the best time putting together Sunshine Baskets!

Isn't that a fun name?  My Aunt Vera shared it with me and it's just like it sounds - a basket or box filled with things that will be a bright spot in someone's day.

I love to grab berry boxes or small Amazon boxes to turn into sunshine baskets.


I like to include a meal, all the sides, a dessert, paper products and a magazine.

Homemade chicken salad

fruits

veggies

pasta salad

crackers/chips/salty snacks

loaf of bread

lemonade

cookies/treats

plates/silverware/utensils

& a note


I make sure everything is disposable, let the person know your delivery is coming and help them with several meals to make their life a little sunnier!

Do you know someone that would benefit from a sunshine basket?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the "sunshine basket" you brought to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And I’m so impressed that you make time to bless others in this way with everything else you have going on. 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so thoughtful! Great reminder that you can recycle a box like that and that it doesn't have to be fancy. Older people probably appreciate small bits and bobs they can eat when they would like.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.