Monday, August 26, 2024

August Coffee Chat

I hope you had a nice weekend.  Ours was a good mix of busy, productive and restful.  I'm ready for the week and am really excited for the upcoming long weekend.

Grab your favorite coffee and let's chat!



1. Some mornings Fletcher wakes up before me and surprises me by being my barista.  He's figured out the perfect mix of iced coffee + mocha creamer.  He'll mix the liquids and then proudly tell me to just add ice when I wake up.  He's the sweetest, most thoughtful guy.  He also wakes up extra early on school days to make sure he gets to be up with me as long as possible before I head to work.

2. We're trying to figure out a new grocery shopping routine since I'm back to work.  I tried doing grocery pick up after work and that was terrible.  I wasn't in the mood to wait for groceries, it took forever and then I had to unload and put away groceries at dinner time.  The past week or so we have been doing Saturday morning grocery pick up or Sams shopping.  That's been much better.  The kids LOVE to stroll through Sams and eat samples while picking out food for the week.  We're going through tons of food with all the lunches, snacks and dinners we're making so it seems like grocery shopping every Saturday might just be our new thing.

3. I have loved shopping for teacher clothes again!  It's been my favorite to find cute things to wear that work for a day in the classroom of sitting, standing, recess duty, at my desk, on the floor and everywhere in between.  Stay turned for some fun outfit posts coming up.  I leave before 7am so I'm still working on figuring out the best time to grab outfit pictures.

4. We went to a dinner party on Saturday night and the menu was Greek food.  I was not excited about it and I ended up loving the meal so much.  I promptly came home and pinned lots of Greek recipes.  Do you cook Greek food very often??  It was so healthy and fresh!  I hope my kids enjoy the Greek bowls I'm dreaming of making for dinner.

5. This life long night owl is struggling with the 5:30am alarms I have to set on work days.  I am working on earlier bedtimes, but there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day.  I am also trying to delegate at work and at home to make sure I'm taking care of myself.

6. Are you excited about football season??  Notre Dame's first game is this weekend and we are so excited.  My kids can't wait for the first chili of the season, have big hopes of football appetizers on Saturdays and I'm ready for cooler Fall weather.

7. We got a new patio door installed recently after years of fighting with our builder about it.  We're hoping and praying our pretty new door doesn't leak like our last one did.  New build tip - document everything and every issue.  Take pictures.  Write down dates.  And fight, fight, fight if something isn't right.  Whew.  We're tired of talking about our door and I'm so thankful that Kevin stayed on top of that repair project.  I'm also thankful that my dad could supervise the door install because it's hard to take care of every single thing when both parents are working.  

8. I have a challenge for you - write a thank you note/text/email to someone this week!  I have received some sweet emails from parents since school started and they have made my days.  It feels so good to hear what my students are loving about school and what parents appreciate about our classroom.  It's free to say a big thank you to your favorite teacher, a friend or family memeber who has done something sweet for you lately.


Thanks for listening!  Let's chat in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new teaching job! So fun! I just started my 28th year in high school! It's been exhausting with a new textbook for the first time in almost 20 years! We grocery shop every Saturday. We enjoy our time together every Saturday......usually, we do lunch out then too! Have a great week! Sonja, a fellow Hooser! (as it states anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is fletcher! What a kid 🥹🥹🥹he loves his mama.
    It sounds like you are figuring out the best routines, which does not surprise me at all!

    We started cooking Greek food about two years ago and probably eat it about twice a month now. Chicken shawarma is the most popular at our house, I love all the different homemade sauces that make it taste so fresh and different. Do you have a cava near you? I love to try and find copycat recipes to create my own cava bowl since it is a little bit more expensive to eat there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fletcher is just so sweet. We love Greek food. Doing a Greek bowl or pita is once of those great meals that kids can customize (like tacos etc.) It sounds like Saturday grocery shopping will be the new routine! It can be a family outing and chore all rolled into one. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your outfit post! As a fellow teacher, I would suggest setting up your phone in your classroom for your outfit pic or asking another teacher to take it.
    You will figure out a rhythm. I hate to devote my weekend to errands but if your kids enjoy the grocery shopping, then that becomes quality time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH,, I love Greek and mediterranean food! Chicken schwarma is a great sheet pan supper. My kids love rice. You can do roasted veggies, hummus, pita. It's very versatile.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.