Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Personalized Nachos

Kevin and I love nachos!  We've ordered them to share ever since we were dating.  I have really fond memories of date night at Chili's sharing nachos.  I love making them at home for a great game day dinner or for an extra delicious taco night meal.  They make taco night feel extra special.

The adults love all the toppings!  The kids do not.  They want meat and cheese only with a little salsa on the side.  I found a way to do nachos that work for all of us.  You can customize them to work for anyone in your family without too much extra effort.  I rarely fix different food for the kids.  This is my way of making one meal work for everyone.

Almost too pretty to eat!?

Can you see 3 different types of nachos?


Have you ever squeezed fresh lime juice on top of your nachos?  It's an amazing burst of flavor.

The kids get taco meat, cheese and a little crumbly queso fresco cheese.

Kevin's section is on top - sauteed peppers and onions, purple onions, black olives, fresh jalapenos that he grew!, taco meat, cheese queso fresco and lettuce.

My section is on the bottom - I swap out olives for fresh tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream and just add a jalapeno or two to my plate.

I like to bake most of the ingredients on the nachos until the cheese melts.  Then I add the cold ingredients - guac, sour cream, fresh tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos and queso fresco crumbles to the top of the nacho pan once it is out of the oven.

Would your family enjoy customized nachos?

You should add them to your menu ASAP.

This is probably my #1 favorite way to do Taco Tuesday!

I'm going to sign off for a few days - the kids some sweet Veteran's Day programs followed by some fun plans for our long weekend.  We're thankful for all of our Veterans and to live in the wonderful USA.  I'll see you back here next week!

2 comments:

  1. Nachos have to be one of my faves! This is a genius idea! Mason is a plain meat/cheese only fan, I like a little extra like sour cream, guac, jalepenos, and Nate likes everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE nachos!! I have to personalize our sheet pan nachos too :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.