Friday, November 4, 2022

Halloween Favorites

Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a nice week and that your November is off to a good start.  We had a wonderful Halloween and my whole week has felt a little off with Monday being a holiday.  We packed in the fun.  Here are my favorites:

1 // Starbucks Party

One of our local Starbucks had a Halloween party.  You got to sample all the Halloween drinks, pumpkin baked goods and do some crafts.  The kids got to debut their costumes and everyone loved them.  Olive even got to go behind the counter for a cute barista photo op.



2 // Fall Walks

The weather in Indiana has been so nice.  We've been walking every day.

3 // Puzzle Time

The big kids and I love working on puzzles when Leo naps or goes to bed.  We're working on this pretty pumpkin one right now.  500 pieces, set up in our office where we can close the door seems to be a good formula for us right now.

4 // Ladybug School

We've had ladybugs all over the place lately!  Of all the bugs, I'd have to say that this would be my favorite option for bugs.  The kids gathered them all up and made a ladybug school.  The had obstacle courses, flight training, a hospital and it was just darling.  I love when they come up with creative ideas all on their own!


5 // Date Night

We hadn't been out on a date in months so it was nice to get away for dinner.

6 // Holiday Pjs

I adore holiday pjs.  Leo looked so cute in these glow and the dark skeleton jammies.  He wore them all week long!  They were Fletcher's and I'm glad I saved them.


7 // Festive Food

We made some canned cinnamon roll pumpkins with sprinkles!  The kids helped and it couldn't have been easier.  I really dislike the taste of food coloring so I always opt for sugar sprinkles around the holidays.

8 // All Day Long

This cutie gets himself "stuck" all day long.  He climbs to curious locations and then yells I STUCK.  He also learned that he can use the drawer handles like a ladder this week.  I found him up on the counter several times.  Never a dull moment with a toddler in the house.

9 // Holiday Crafts

We did a few different craft projects.  The kids love to browse Pinterest and find a recipe or a craft for us to do.  Olive is always finding projects or recipes for us to try.

10 // Jordan Bakery Box

I had a Halloween cookie order and the cookies turned out so cute!

11 // Carving Pumpkins

We carved pumpkins and I think it was our easiest year yet!  The big kids could do a lot of the carving themselves.  Leo didn't want to get dirty so I worked on his pumpkin with a little help from him.  And Kevin did the heavy lifting.  I was proud of myself for being able to find our pumpkin carving tools after moving :)





12 // Trick or Treat

Halloween day was gloomy and rainy up until we walked out the door to trick or treat.  It didn't look like it was going to be a nice night for it, but everything turned around and the skies cleared just in time for us to go around the neighborhood.  It was our first time trick or treating in our new neighborhood.  It was so much fun!  Everyone was out and about and the neighbors go all out with treats for the kids.  The kids loved handing out candy at the end.  They had a blast and we even got some fun adult rum soaked gummy bears from a neighbor.  We feel lucky to live in such a great neighborhood!



After almost 10 years of trick or treating, I feel like I finally figured out the perfect meal to eat Halloween night.  We trick or treated at 5:00, I prepped all the food in advance (homemade chicken noodle, homemade crusty bread and cookies) and then everything was warm and waiting for us to enjoy after trick or treating.  I'll definitely be repeating this menu.


We have fun plans for our weekend and the weather is supposed to be great!  I'll see you back here on Monday!

Linking up with Momfessionals


3 comments:

  1. Olive's Starbucks picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week! That Starbucks party sounds so fun and the pumpkins turned out great. I really like your puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! That Starbucks party sounds so fun! I would have loved it if ours did that! Yay for date night. I hope that y'all had a nice time! The whole week looked like a good one! I can't wait to hear about your fun plans for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.