Wednesday, December 8, 2021

North Pole Breakfast

I look forward to planning a North Pole Breakfast for my kids every year.  I've been doing them since 2014.  I try to plan it for as close to December 1st as possible to kick off the Christmas season.  This year we did it kind of spur of the moment on December 5th because we had a quiet moment at home.  Luckily, I had collected all the supplies in advance.

Traditionally the kids get new ornaments, new pjs, new Christmas books and a surprise or two.  Since we are moving in just a few days, I edited and simplified our breakfast.  The kids each got one new Christmas book, a Christmas game to share and a Christmas squishmallow with their festive breakfast.  

I was a little worried that they'd miss some of the usual stuff (all the extras that are pretty much packed up) and they did not even notice.  Zero comments or complaints.  That was a good reminder that the tradition is much more important than the stuff. 

Breakfast was really simple - powdered donut snowman, cinnamon snowman cookies, Christmas m&ms.



No Christmas pjs this year, boxes all around us and no one minded one bit.


Remember - the traditions and time together is much more important than all the stuff :)

Click over here to see some inspiration for more elaborate North Pole Breakfasts - bigger breakfasts, larger menus, a variety of little Christmas gifts and set ups.

2 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.