Thursday, December 23, 2021

Christmas Kindness: 10 Simple Ideas for You

I know I don't usually post on Thursdays, but I had some festive things that felt timely to share.

We have been the recipient of lots of kindness these last few weeks.  I ended up with so many cute ideas to tell you about.  Kid stuff.  Grown up stuff.  And everything in between.  I hope you read through these ideas and find one kind idea to take away and use.

I mentioned to a friend that all of our Christmas decorations were packed up in preparation for our move and the kids kept asking about when we were going to decorate.  She surprised the kids with a Christmas surprise drop off on our front porch - santa mugs and hot cocoa.  It was so unexpected and so sweet.  These santa mugs were the only Christmas decorations were had out the weeks before we moved.

If you love sending and/or receiving Christmas cards, send them!  Or New Years cards.  Or any snail mail.  I wish I could send you all a Christmas card, but here is my virtual card from me to you.  Merry Christmas!

A friend added a recipe in with her Christmas card this year and I loved this idea!  Wouldn't it be so fun if everyone shared their favorite holiday recipe with their Christmas cards!?

I gifted some friends Christmas ornaments before we moved.  I bought everyone the same ornament and then bought myself a set.  It makes me think of them and brings lots of JOY to see them on my tree.

We have been given several new home ornaments and they're all so cute.  I love documenting a big life milestone with Christmas ornaments.  I also bought some of these sweet gingerbread house ornaments from Walmart.  I added a gingham bow and they look adorable on the tree.


Fletcher's kindergarten teacher sent these home last week.  I'm obsessed!  Look at his cute kindergarten signature.  And a ribbon that is exactly as tall as him!?  What a precious way to document him.  I'll love this forever.

A friend made me this Christmas felt ball wreath with a 2021 year tag on it.  It looks cute on the tree!

Fletcher actually made this version of that ribbon ornament twice.  It must be a popular kindergarten thing to do.  I wanted to show you both because they're both done differently and so sweet.

Olive made this ornament.  It's got her photo inside, a red tag that says "All I want for Christmas is: A CAT!" haha and ribbon and glitter.  It's a plastic ball ornament and her teacher sprinkled glitter inside.  It looks really pretty on the tree.

Kevin's Nana gifted us a vintage Christmas housewarming gift.  She was quite the painter and made this sweet Santa along with a light up gingerbread house.  I love having these keepsakes that she made to decorate with every year at Christmas.


Last thing, Fletcher came home with this reindeer food from school.  He's so excited to sprinkle it out in the yard on Christmas Eve.  I REALLY appreciated the help this year.  I love things like this, but did not have the time this year.  I appreciate his teacher taking the time to make and send them home with each of her students.


I'm hoping to make some Christmas cookies and go introduce ourselves to our neighbors in the next few days.  I'll add a Christmas card to the cookies so they can put a name with a face.  I hope you find an idea or two that you can use to spread Christmas cheer this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas! I am pinning this post for next year. That light up gingerbread house is so sweet, what a fun keepsake to put out each Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.