Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Reset Yourself

Do you ever need a reset?

A do over?

A fresh start?



Being home all day with the kids - even though the big kids are at school and we don't often have days where we are home all day - can be stressful.  Keeping up with a very busy 1 year old, keeping track of all the things that each kiddo needs and then the hustle and bustle of after school.  My patience runs thin, I get snippy and I just need a reset.  I'm guessing that even if you work outside of the home, life can still be stressful when you're home managing everything.

I start by putting my phone on the charger and ignoring it.  That helps me focus and be present.


Here are 6 really quick ways to change the mood for a reset:

1. Go outside for a change of scenery

Play in the backyard, go for a walk, have a picnic, go for a bike ride or just get some fresh air and sunshine.

2. Let the kids take a bath and play.

Add in some bubble bath or color tablets.  It's impossible to stay grumpy.

3. Snuggle them

It's impossible to be in a bad mood when you're snuggling with your favorite little people.  My kids have favorite movies that we enjoy snuggling and watching.

4. Surprise the kids with a fun outing

Head to the park, hike a local trail, meet up with friends or go for a bike ride.

5. Eat a snack

It's easy to have all the big feelings when you're hungry.  The same is true for your kids.

6. Exercise

Put the kids down for a nap or turn on a show for them and get in a quick workout.


All of these things are the perfect way to hit the reset button to turn your day around.

How do you hit the reset button?

2 comments:

  1. A very good reminder! Love all these ideas. Sometimes I’ll drive through Starbucks for a drink, or CFA and let everyone pick a single item. Instant perk up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to occasionally needing a reset! I quick rest, snack or time outside usually does the trick. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.