Tuesday, September 21, 2021

A Day in the Life of Leo

I've got a funny collection of pictures to show you today.  

Lots of little moments that are a pretty accurate sneak peek into how Leo and I spend our days.  I devote a good chunk of my days to keeping Leo safe from Leo.  He's a busy guy.  He's about to turn 18 months old and he's got no shortage of personality.  Instead of snapping pictures all day long, I decided to take some pictures all week long.

Currently... Leo Loves...

Food - any snack size package of salty snacks,  Cheetos, Dum Dums and having his own drink to carry around.  He has a thermos like the big kids and it's his pride and joy.

Talking - so many new words/sounds every day.  He'll answer us when we ask him questions.

Running, being chased & climbing.

Doing everything himself

Cocomelon - he's mesmerized by those tunes.

Bath time.


A Day in the Life of Leo. 

He's almost always the first one up a little before 7:00am.

 This guy seems to want to make his own rules.  Do life on his terms.

He refuses to wear any real hats instead preferring to wear my favorite colander around the house.  And when his jams come on (baby Shark, Vacation, etc) - he raises his hands like this and flaps his arms.

He has a hard time hiding his true feelings when strangers talk to him.  He's a pretty serious guy when we are out and about.

We enjoy meals on the patios around town.  We usually split meals or muffins and he tries to steal sips of my ice coffee.

He naps hard every afternoon.

Leo loves to swing.  He also loves living near the airport.  He shouts "OOK!" for look at points up at the airplanes that fly by.

The penny horse at Meijer is a favorite treat.  He often throws a little fit when it's time to be done.

When we hop in the van he likes to try out the big kid's car seats first.

He never misses an opportunity to climb.  If that baby gate is open, you better believe that he'll be climbing.  Here's Leo brushing his teeth... with my toothbrush.  Gross.

All of our breakable pumpkins are up high and all the things within his reach are hoping to last all Fall.  He thinks my felt garland looks more like a jump rope.

Oftentimes he naps so hard that he's got a pillow or sheet print on his face :)

Leo invades the Barbie Dreamhouse.  Tiny bed for a not so tiny baby.

Sometimes I walk into the kitchen to find all kinds of stunts happening on my island.  We've moved the bar stools away from the island, but he's strong enough to move them wherever he wants.


When the big kids do their homework, I try to contain the toddler tornado.  He loves these Squiggies.

Step stools on wheels to get a little closer to his favorite show - Cocomelon.  Not safe.

Leo loves markers and crayons.  Despite my best efforts to hide them he finds them and chomps them in the blink of an eye.  I've never had a kid eat markers before.


He used to just like to look at pens, but now he's very into tattooing himself.

He likes to rearrange my stack of birch logs.


Having his own apple is one of his favorite treats.  Don't try to help him.

He cleans out cabinets and drawers often.  One day I'll channel this skill to be a helpful organizing skill.

Leo likes to run errands with me.

He's our most serious baby.

Leo loves to try on shoes.  He's gotten better at matching them and walking in them.

Leo loves the cats.  They are a little skeptical of all of his love.

Then 7:45pm rolls around and this guy is ready for bed.  He's caused enough chaos to wear himself out.

Leo, you are a wild man and we love you so much!!


10 comments:

  1. hahaha I really enjoyed this! Love the last picture with the cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a nap just reading about Leo's adventures! He's a busy boy but so absolutely adorable! What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy as a bee and cute as a button..No doubt he is all boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy as a bee and cute as a button..No doubt he is all boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is too cute! I think he's starting to look like a blend of Olive and Fletcher as he gets bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Truett likes to stare at people in public as well and is a studyer of the outdoors. We have to hide pens too. We have the Stay Wild jammies too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! Who do you think he favors the most? I can see Kevin in some of these pics, but then in others I think he looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never comment but I absolutely love this post! What a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.