Friday, July 9, 2021

Happy 40th Birthday, Kev!!

Kevin turns the big 4-0 today!

We've got big plans to celebrate him all weekend - presents, donut cake, dinner out, road trip, fireworks, family and lots of fun!  

40 feels like a big milestone.  Like a real adult - haha!  We both remember our parents turning 40 and, honestly, it's crazy that we're both turning 40 this year.


Kevin got tenured this year.

He got a new car that fits the whole family with his own set of car seats.

He volunteers at a local organization every week.

He is doing golf, basketball and bike training with the big kids.

When things break around the house - like the garage door - he can fix them. 

He reads a ton every day and is always learning.

 



Our favorite things about Kevin:

Whitney:

1. I love that Kevin has always planned fun travel for us - Thanksgiving in San Francisco, National Parks, Monuments, road trips, flights and cruises.  He's our favorite travel agent.

2. He does all the wild and crazy stuff with the kids.  Kevin likes to introduce us to new things and to make our own traditions.  We went to Wisconsin Dells this past year and loved it.  That was all his doing.  He picks up takeout and then we have a picnic dinner on a blanket in our playroom.  The kids love that!  He's a fun guy!

3. He has our take out orders memorized.  He likes to tell me he's taking care of dinner that night and get take out for us. 

4.  He's super observant and thoughtful.  He grabs grocery stores flowers (with a coupon) to surprise me after a long day.  He knows I've been talking about wanting a new swimsuit so he goes to Kohls, picks one off the rack and it works perfectly for me.

 

Olive:

1. I love that dad grills delicious steak or any meat really.

2. I love when he plays basketball with me.

3. He usually gets us fun surprises.

4. He found Penny & Pearl for us.

 

Fletcher:

1. I love when Dad swings me.

2. I love when Dad grills brats for us.

3. Dad makes great bonfires.

4. He goes on bike rides with me.

 

Leo:

1. Dad does baby wresting with me and I think it's hilarious.

2. Watching Dad mow.  I go from window to window around our entire house when he mows.  I watch his every move

3. I love giving Dad kisses.

4. I run to the front window every morning and insist on waving bye to Dad.



We love you, Kev!!  Hope 40 is your best year yet!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 40th Birthday to your hubby! Enjoy celebrating him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest tribute!! What a keeper!! You both treasure each other and focus on the good-- true ingredients for a good marriage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Kevin!! This is such a sweet blog post. Hope you all had the best weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.