Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Birthday Charcuterie Boards

Happy Birthday Charcuterie Board!

I've always wanted to put together a number charcuterie board and with Kevin turning 40 it was the perfect opportunity.  I picked up the big cardboard numbers at Hobby Lobby.  They're $7.99 each and if you plan ahead you can grab them on sale.  I miss their 40% off coupons for purchases like this, but if you plan ahead you could grab the numbers when they go on sale.  I didn't have time to wait for that.

Directions for prepping the cardboard numbers:

Supplies:

Grab an exacto knife

scissors

and your cardboard numbers


Directions:

Lay your numbers flat and slice with your knife along the edge of the numbers.  It isn't thick cardboard - just push your knife right through.  Then stick your finger in and pop up the top layer of cardboard.  The top cardboard will come off pretty easily once you break through the cardboard.  It really doesn't require much cutting after you first break through the cardboard.  Pull out the cardboard dividers.  They aren't attached to anything so it's really simple.  Gently pull off the cardboard along the edges.  If there are any rough edges - trim them off with scissors.  The numbers with straight lines are easier to work with than the curved numbers like 0.  This whole process took me 10-15 minutes tops.




Time to build your number boards!  I lined mine with thin strips of Saran Wrap first.  Added the condiment cups next.  Then it was time for the crackers, fruits and veggies and did meats and cheeses last.  I totally unintentionally ended up with 40 different things to eat in the 4-0.  We love a good mix of foods for our boards.  I popped them into the fridge when I was done so everything could cool down again before dinner. 

These number boards turned out so cute.  Kevin just loved it!!  I know my kids would love to have a number board for their birthdays - maybe next year :)





Who would you like to make a birthday board for??

3 comments:

  1. I love the 4-0 birthday board! My birthday is next week, and I've already decorated for myself, this would be fun! You always have the best ideas! It's the first student day on my birthday, so it will be a party.....for sure! :) Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Love the idea and i'm going to do something similar for my 40th this coming week!!! Thanks for the inspo! Just a quick question - how big are the numbers that you used? 28cm? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! Love the idea and i'm going to do something similar for my 40th this coming week!!! Thanks for the inspo! Just a quick question - how big are the numbers that you used? 28cm? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.