Tuesday, July 6, 2021

4th of July Recap

We had a really fun, normal feeling 4th of July this year!  Hooray!  We got to celebrate with friends, go to a local parade, swim, eat festive food and watch fireworks.  The weather was unseasonably mild in the Midwest for July.  The mornings were actually cool and it felt so good.

I finally got to make my holiday dreams come true - matching shirts x3!  The kids looked so cute!

I had a busy weekend for Jordan Bakery Box.  I made 10 red, white and blue charcuterie boxes, baked 12 dozen cookies, made a dozen or so Rice Krispy Treats and a dozen cupcakes.  Everything turned out great!



My friend Whitney always hosts the best 4th of July party at her family cabin.  We've been going for years so we were thrilled to hear it was back on this year.  The kids love swimming in her lake, sliding off her boat and they got to try paddle boarding this year.  I was super impressed with their balancing!  And thankful that Kevin could keep up with them while I chased Leo.








I've missed all those big carry in meals so it was really fun to have a huge buffet to enjoy!


The kids love playing all the games.  Tug of war, Gummy Bear Rescue, face painting, crafts and glow sticks.  We watched fireworks at dark and hurried home to get the kids to bed way late.


Our local 4th of July parade was back this year.  We woke up early on Sunday morning and staked out a shady spot.  The kids were super excited.  They were gifted flags to wave and were so happy to wave at all the jeeps, horses and floats in the parade.  Kevin played in a big 4th of July golf tournament.

Leo figured out just what to do after watching Olive and Fletcher.  He was waving his flag and waving at all the floats this year.


Every day these two get a few more freckles.  I always wanted freckles so I love this!


The jeeps surprised us and tossed rubber ducks to the kids.  They LOVED collecting them.  Each kid came home with a bag full of candy.

Leo does this move a lot.  We call it baby yoga.

I made this kids a red, white and blue star for lunch.

Leo is climbing everything 24/7.  Not exactly the centerpiece I'd envisioned, but he's cute.

We had a delicious dinner at home and did our own fireworks.  Kevin loves them so much.  He always looks forward to picking them out and doing them with the kids.  As you can tell by the giant smiles, they all loved them.








I hope all of your favorite 4th of July traditions were back this year and that you had a wonderful time celebrating the USA!

4 comments:

  1. Woah - 12 dozen cookies?! That's awesome! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy all the normal festivities this year AND in matching shirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We set off sky lanterns as well. The kids look adorable in their matching shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful 4the..Fun for all.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.