Monday, November 30, 2020

Thanksgiving in Review

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.  We made some changes and ended up staying home this year.  Kevin and I weren't feeling great and it was nice to be home to rest, relax and enjoy some yummy food.  We missed our family, but are hoping to get to see them soon.

I cooked all the things.  Pie is my favorite thing to make.  I love all the traditional foods and am confident making them since we've spent several Thanksgivings at home over the years.  The kids were eager to try all the Thanksgiving foods.  They sampled everything and decided they do like turkey, stuffing is alright, cranberry sauce is gross and they each picked a pie they liked - Pecan for Fletcher and Pumpkin for Olive.  Leo tasted a little bit of everything, too.  Sweet potatoes and homemade bread were his favorites.

We stayed home, watched some fun Christmas movies for movie night, undecorated from Thanksgiving and feel like we're ready to get excited for the Christmas season.

Here are our picture highlights of Thanksgiving:

We tried to watch the parade, got bored with all the interviews and saved our attention for the dog show afterwards.

I made pies for the grown ups and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the kids.

Leo's first Thanksgiving.  He loved the food and got into everything.  Cute little turkey!

I'm thankful for these 3 and any opportunities for holiday clothes.

I set a festive table just for the 5 of us.


These 2 have been a part of our family for 2 months now.

My kids love Play-Doh.  We did a Play-Doh Pie making contest with my mini pie tins.




This crazy 7 month old has decided standing is his favorite.  He's too young for this nonsense.

And a real life moment.  Long days.  Dirty Mirror.  Messy Bun.  And baby snuggles.

I'm thankful for all these sweet moments together.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this sweet recap! It looks like you had a delicious weekend and that you all made some good memories. Hope you and Kevin are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks amazing!! So glad you had a nice weekend. Love seeing all your happy faces ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.