Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Hershey Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Well, friends, I had a different post planned for today, but cookies sounded like a better idea. 

I have a new recipe to share with you and it just couldn't wait.  I consider myself a bit of a cookie connoisseur.  They're my favorite!  Chocolate chip cookies are my #1 favorite follow up next by any cookie with chocolate chips in it.

I know I'm not the only one with loads of leftover Halloween candy sitting around.  I pulled out all the Hershey bars and got busy making up a new cookie recipe this weekend.

I started with my favorite base recipe - My Most Famous Recipe - chocolate chip cookies.

 


Hershey Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 c room temp margarine

1/2 c shortening

3/4 c sugar

3/4 c brown sugar

1 t salt

1 t baking soda

1 t vanilla

2 eggs

2 1/4 c flour

1 c quick cook oats

1 c chocolate chips

1 cup coarsely chopped Hershey Bars

*Grab some extra chocolate chips and Hershey Bar chunks to top cookies with.

 


Directions:
Cream together margarine, shortening and sugars.  Add in dry ingredients, eggs one at a time and then add in the chocolate last.  Scoop with a cookie scoop, add in some extra chocolate chips/bits on top of each dough ball and bake.  350 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool on the cookie sheet.

These cookies are delicious right out of the oven or the next day.

They are delicious!  They feel a little fancy with the different kinds of chocolate and everything is better with a little oatmeal in it.  If you love chocolate, these cookies are for you.

I am so happy to have this new cookie recipe!  I can't wait to share it.

  


2 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.