Tuesday, November 3, 2020

White Chicken Chili

Happy Election Day!  I hope you got the chance to research your candidates and VOTE.  My husband and I both early voted and are looking forward to having a watch party tonight as the votes roll in.  We're praying our candidates win and cheering for America tonight!

I have a new soup recipe to share with you!  I've been trying a couple new recipes a month and am really enjoying the variety.  We've found several good ones already.

I've always heard claims that white chilis are delicious - most recently from my friend Heather over at My Glittery Heart.  I knew I'd pinned several recipes so I started sorting through them.

I settled on giving this recipe a try: White Chicken Chili (Easy!) from Two Peas and Their Pod

I have the hardest time not making changes to a recipe so here's my version of the soup.

 


Whitney's White Chicken Chili //

1 yellow onion chopped very small

3 cloves of garlic minced

2 cans of cannellini beans drained and rinsed

1 can 4oz diced green chilis

1 whole rotisserie chicken shredded

6 cups chicken broth

Juice and zest of half a lime

salt and pepper to taste

1 t cumin

1 t oregano

1 t chili powder

 

Toppings:

2 jalapenos - washed, seeded to tone down the spice and sliced

shredded pepper jack cheese

sour cream

avocado slices

 

Directions:
Wash, chop and shred all the ingredients.  Combine them in a large soup pot.  Heat to a boil and then let simmer for 1-2 hours.  Delicious right away with toppings and just as good reheated the following day.

I was surprised that the adults and kids at my house enjoyed this soup.  It's light and really flavorful.  I think traditional red chili is my favorite, but this was a really good, fun alternative.  We all agreed I'll be making this one again.

Tip: Once you figure out how spicy your jalapenos are, you can just add them into the soup when you reheat it.  We deemed ours not all that spicy so we tossed them in.  I was hesitant to add them from the start since we were serving it to adults and kids. 

Would your family enjoy this soup??


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.