Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Gobble Meal Delivery

We tried a new dinner delivery service this month and I'm excited to share it with you.  It was great!  Kevin found a Groupon for Gobble and ordered it for us.  I think the deal was $15 for 3 dinners.  What a deal.  Kevin prides himself on finding great deals for things we enjoy and surprises.  He selected the dinners and offered to cook them to surprise me. 

We have tried lots of different dinner delivery services over the years.  Hello Fresh is our favorite.  And Gobble would be a close second.  Home Chef is good, too.  We would not recommend Blue apron, Sunshine Basket or Freshly.

I love trying new recipes, new cooking techniques and new ingredients.  It's like a fun cooking show challenge at home.  

The best thing about Gobble is that it advertises 15 MINUTE meals.

Most other dinner delivery services offer meals that take 30-40 minutes to cook.

I found that my Gobble meals took more like 20 minutes to prepare, but I loved having one of the main ingredients pre cooked.  It really did save a ton of time.  We had premade mashed potatoes, couscous, sweet potatoes, chili base and marinara sauce.  They all tasted fresh and delicious when they were added to the meals.

We tried and loved the following meals:

Italian Roasted Chicken & Veggies (I added the pasta)

 



Classic Beef Bourguingnon - Kevin made this meal for us! 


Moroccan Pistachio Chicken -

I would have never have sought out this recipe on my own, but it was delicious.  It had dried apricots, pistachios, seasonings and it was so good.  I loved the rainbow carrots - those were new to me!


Hearty Turkey & Quinoa Chili


Cinnamon Brown Sugar Chicken Breasts with Cabbage and Yams


Here's how the recipes look and the ingredients all come in clear bags.




We'd eat all of these again and I'm adding things like - quinoa in my chili, adding fresh veggies to my marinara sauce or cooking entrees with pistachios to my dinner rotation.

Have you tried Gobble?  Here's the link to their website https://www.gobble.com/

I don't have any referral codes for you - just an honest review of something I love.  

Check Groupon if you're interested in giving Gobble a try.  Most of these super deals for meal delivery kits require you to set up an account and charge full price for the next round of meals.  Be sure to mark your calendars to cancel them or to edit your account after you get your initial meal delivery shipped.  If you don't keep a close eye on your account, you could end up paying for a surprise delivery.  Ask me how I know :)

   

1 comment:

  1. We recently tried Gobble after I saw you talk about it, and we LOVE IT! I think it's a little more pricey than Hello Fresh (I could be wrong), but the CONVENIENCE factor is huge for us! and it's been really yummy. I feel like their is more flexibility with what you can choose to buy each week as well. Thanks for the recommendation, we are happy campers with this one!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.