Friday, April 24, 2020

Infertility: The Club No One Wants to Join

Infertility.

A word that stings and brings up so many feelings for so many women.

I hate that so many women and couples struggle to grow their family. 

It's an awful feeling to desire children and for that to seem so out of reach.  I'm currently praying for a long list of friends, online friends, high school friends, acquaintances and blog buddies to be able to get pregnant and grow their families.  It's heartbreaking and can be such a lonely road filled with a crazy roller coaster of emotions. 

Did you know that it is National Infertility Week?  I didn't want to let the week go by without acknowledging it on the blog.

I first wrote about our infertility journey back in 2017:

Infertility: I Never Thought It Would Happen to Me

I shared our stories detailing the time, doctor's appointments and fertility medicine it would take to grow our family.


I realize that an infertility post might seem like a strange one for me to be writing this year as a mom of 3.  I am still wrapping my head around that fact this year.

We struggled to get pregnant for years (off and on since 2011) and then we were blessed with a sweet surprise baby #3.  We had nearly given up hope of ever getting pregnant on our own.  We are so thankful for Leo, Fletcher & Olive and, having gone down the road of infertility, we know we are very blessed to have them.  I'll always find joy in the day to day rhythms of motherhood because it was a long road for us to get here.

I want to encourage you if you're in the trenches of infertility and feeling down, the future is bright and blessings will come your way.  They might like very different from your own plans and milestones, but God is good, and blessings that are tailored just for you will come your way.  Our blessings included finally getting pregnant, wonderful doctors, modern medicine, God's timing not our timing, traveling, moving, surprises and a timeline that we never could have imagined.

If you're currently struggling with infertility, I'd LOVE to be a support and encouragement to you.  Send me an email (polkadottyplace@hotmail.com), leave a comment or reach out on social media.  I'd be honored to add you to my list of women to pray for and encourage through your journey to grow your family!

1 comment:

  1. My sister in law is currently facing infertility and it breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.