Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Bringing Leo Home

I was thrilled to find out that I only had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours after I had Leo.  I am not the girl who loves the hospital stay portion of the baby delivery process.  I tolerate it, try to relax as much as possible, rely on my nurses for help and medicine and then am EAGER to go home.  It was no different this time other than the fact that I was moving much slower after having a csection. 

We got the all clear to head home on April 9th and then of course it took several hours to actually get discharged.  We were anxious to see Olive and Fletcher and for them to officially get to meet Leo. 

A Facetime introduction or two just isn't the same as holding a snuggly baby. 

I texted my mom to tell her we were on our way home and to have the kids wash their hands.  We (safely) zoomed home.

Kevin carried in Leo and I hurried in to see Olive and Fletcher.  I cried seeing them.  They both looked so big all of the sudden.  Especially Fletcher.  I guess that's par for the course when you're suddenly promoted to big brother.  Everyone got hugs and kisses and had lots to catch up on from the past couple of days.

The kids were SO excited to see Leo. 

The couldn't wait to hold him.  

They got situated on the couch and waited patiently.


Months of anticipation and talks of a baby brother were suddenly coming true.


They wanted to check him out ASAP.  Hat off to see his hair.  Check out his long fingers.  And then they had to see his toes.  They were SO curious about him.  It was hilarious and very sweet.


Fletcher's turn.  Lots of holding.  Lots of kisses.  The baby brother he's been asking to come out and play was finally here!


Our first picture as a family of FIVE.

 Olive wanted to help feed him.

 Introductions wear a guy out.

 Everything he did was cute to them.

My mom snapped this picture of Olive and it might be one of my favorite picture of her.  She was so good holding Leo and such a proud big sis.

She's already proven to be THE BEST helper.

Leo was very content to be home with his family.

These were such sweet moments!!  I was so thankful to be home and so thankful to be out of the hospital.  I was still in a fair amount of pain and discomfort, but being home was a great distraction.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Whitney! This post brought up so many memories of when we came home from the hospital with Marshall! I know the experience had to be one of the most precious moments of your life and I just absolutely love seeing how Olive immediately went into mommy mode! Leo is literally the squishiest cutest baby ever!💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very precious! They are going to be the best big brother and sister! Seeing Olive feeding Leo with the bottle she looks like a little mommy! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s awesome that you didn’t have to stay too long! I had to stay 4 days with Mason. By that 4th day we were so ready to be home! I can’t imagine what a sweet reunion that way when y’all got home to Olive and Fletcher. That picture of the three of them and the one of the five of you just melts me completely. So precious! Leo is absolutely perfect and I am so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.