Monday, April 6, 2020

Baby #3: Weeks 37-39

It feels a bit surreal to be doing my LAST baby bump update for you today.

This pregnancy has flown by.  It seems like I was just announcing to everyone that we'd be having a baby in April and suddenly it's April.  I could never have predicted what would be going on around the world when April 2020 arrived.  All of this COVID-19 business is a little overwhelming.  Things seem to change daily and I'm not really sure what the coming weeks have in store for us.

But, I'm sticking with my mantra of ONE DAY AT A TIME and doing my best not to let all of the unknowns and uncertainty steal my JOY about welcoming a new baby.  Sure, things at the hospital will look different, things at home are different, BUT we have been given the gift of TIME.  The entire family will get to be home to snuggle, love on and get to bond with our baby for WEEKS instead of just on the weekends.  That is a huge blessing.

Olive commented months ago that she didn't think it was fair that I'd get to stay home with Fletcher and Leo all the time while she went to school.  Little did she know that life would be so very different by the time Leo arrived.  Having this time together will be something that I treasure forever even if it's a little uncomfortable giving up all of your regular rhythms and routines.


Week 37: March 23
Baby is the size of a melon
*No cute kid pictures with food anymore because the kids aren't going to the store with me.

Due to COVID-19 I only left the house twice this week - to see my doctor and to do a grocery stock up.  Kevin's been doing all of the grocery shopping for us.  I really appreciate it, but I'm used to doing 95% of the shopping.  I wanted to go and grab things that we needed.  I went when the store first opened, kept to myself and got almost everything on my list.  These are such strange times!

We've been playing outside a ton, enjoying the sunshine any chance we get and spent the week getting excited to celebrate Fletcher turning 4.  I tried to take it really easy this week because I didn't want Fletcher and Leo to share a birthday.  Mission accomplished.

I've been squeezing in some naps here and there, feeling like I need to lay down flat to get comfortable and baby is starting to feel cramped in there.  I'm craving sugary cereals like Reese Puffs.  That's been a pregnancy craving for me with all three kids.  We've also been working on putting the finishing touches on Leo's nursery.  The kids have LOVED helping prep for Leo.





Week 38: March 30
Baby is the size of mini watermelon

I'm sleeping pretty well at night, but my belly is feeling heavy.  Fletcher arrived at 38 weeks and was a big baby - 9lbs 7oz.  Leo seems content to stay put so I'm feeling like he might be bigger than his brother was - wowza!

The weather has been gorgeous.  We've been outside a ton.  Riding bikes seems to be more comfy for me than going on walks.  We'll ride a time or a two every day and then I come home and put my feet up.

I'm feeling more swollen this week.  I've woken up with tingly hands and arms and if I sit in one position too long my legs start to fall asleep.  I'm so thankful that this is happening in my last week or so of pregnancy instead of much earlier like it did with Olive.  The kids are being really helpful.  They pick up anything I drop, help pick up stuff off the floor so I don't have to bend over and are just really helpful in general.  Fletcher keeps saying, "When Baby Leo comes out, you'll be able to bend over again!"  haha

I had my last doctor's appointment this week.  I only left the house once this week for this.  My doctor said I need to stay home and avoid people from now until delivery.  Tons of hand washing, too.  The times are so strange right now.  All of my numbers look great.  My blood pressure has really been so good and I've had almost no extra monitoring this time around.  What a blessing.  I had so many extra appointments, non stress tests and additional tests with both Olive and Fletcher.

Baby is still breech.  He moves a lot, but has yet to flip back to head down.  He's been breech for 3 weeks now.  He's still got a few days to flip, but I'm making peace with the situation.  It is what it is.  I can't make him flip.

This changes our game plan for next week.  I'm now scheduled for a csection on Tuesday, April 7th.  I'd love your prayers for a safe, quick and wonderful delivery for both of us!  I'm really thankful for modern medicine, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about having my first csection during all this COVID-19 business.  I'm praying that God's plan for my delivery is better than my own and that if Leo hasn't flipped by Tuesday this is the safest way for him to make his debut.






Week 39: April 6
Baby is the size of a honey dew

It's the final countdown!!  We are just relaxing at home together and enjoying our last few days as a family of four.  We have big plans for riding bikes, playing outside and finishing up our pre baby to do list before Tuesday.  I'm resting when I can.  Laying down when I can and trying to savor the moments.

Everyone I see asks me about my due date.  It's usually neighbors in passing when we're out and about since I'm not going anywhere.  Baby seems to have his head in my ribs 24/7 and it's getting tight in there.  I notice myself leaning to the left and to get comfy.  Heart burn is back and I'm anxious for Leo to make his debut.



One last family picture as a family of four on April 7th!  


As far as blogging goes, I'm not quite sure what the rest of the month of April will look like on the blog.  Writing and sharing here on Polka-Dotty Place is one of my favorite hobbies so I'll definitely be checking in.  I'm just not sure how often or how regularly it'll be until we get settled into life with three kids.  I've got some posts prepped and ready for you and then I'll start checking in whenever I can.  Thanks for following along and understanding!  I'll be over on instagram for sure @polkadottyplace.

Thank you for all of your encouragement and thoughts and prayers as Leo makes his debut this week!

5 comments:

  1. I have loved getting to follow along with your pregnancy Whitney and I absolutely cannot wait for baby Leo to arrive!! 💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! We are cheering for you here in Texas! I’ve been praying every day for you and will continue to. Wish I could come over and bring you cookies :) love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you!! I can't wait to see his sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be thinking of you this week. I had two c sections so if you have any questions, feel free to email me and I can answer any questions. Take one day at a time is the best thing to do in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a safe delivery for you and baby Leo! Can't wait to "meet" him!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.