Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Easter at Home 2020

I hope you had a wonderful Easter at home this year.  It felt strange and wonderful all at the same time to be hunkered down at home for the holiday.

I tried to keep up some of our same traditions and then just let all the other things slide for the year.  The kids wore cute Easter outfits, did an egg hunt at home, had Easter baskets, we ate festive food and I made our traditional Easter dinner.

The kids said Easter was different, but good.

We also spread out the festivities all weekend since I just had a baby on Tuesday.  I prepped Easter baskets & our menu ahead of time and Kevin filled our Easter eggs.  I tryied hard to simplify things and not over do it.  That's easier said than done for me :)



I've always wanted to make bunny cinnamon rolls.  It was so easy to do with a can of cinnamon rolls from Aldi.  Make sure to get the kind that unrolls.

The country club Easter bunny stopped by our house to leave treats for the kids instead of doing his usual egg hunt at the club.  I missed the tradition of getting the kid's pictures taken with the bunny and getting all dressed up for the bunny brunch.


We dyed eggs in our pjs.


We bundled up and headed outside for an egg hunt between the rain.


Our yellow Magnolia tree started blooming this week!!

Loads of eggs for these cuties.


Leo's 1st Easter!

Our 1st holiday as a family of 5.


His 1st Easter is one we will never forget!!
Our sweet neighbor sent over chocolate bunnies for the big kids and this stuffed bunny for Leo.
SO precious!!!

Real life: Baby is hungry, needy and Mama needs to eat.
Enter: Time to do everything with a baby in one arm :)
This combo doesn't feel nearly as stressful with baby #3 as it did with the first two.  

 We also ate loads of Easter candy!!!

While we enjoyed a quiet Easter at home this year, we can't wait to celebrate with our usual traditions next year.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are amazing! Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family. Love the pictures of you all and baby Leo - he's a doll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! Could you be more amazing? You did such an incredible job making Easter special despite it being such a weird time and just having had major surgery and a brand new baby. Your family is so lucky to have you and I know it brings you so much joy to do special things for them! You are truly the best!!💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the photos of three kids :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.