Monday, April 20, 2020

Adventures with Mimi & Papaw

One of the most nerve wracking things for me when attempting to make plans for Leo's delivery was taking care of the big kids.  I wanted life to be as normal as possible for them and for them not to be too worried about mom and dad being gone.  Turns out with our life on pause like everyone else's it was easy to follow our routine of staying home.

I tried to play out all the scenarios - water breaking, middle of the night, scheduled delivery, etc.  We don't have any family in town so we would be relying on friends to help us out if Leo decided to pick his own birthday.  Thankfully, we ended up carrying out a scheduled plan to head to the hospital and my mom was able to come up the day before to get settled in to life at our house.

I know every family is different, but we never leave our kids overnight.

We have never had the luxury of having family in town.

We have always had to be the full time parents 24/7 for the last almost 7 years.  I'm not complaining, just sharing our family norm with you.  So leaving Olive and Fletcher felt sad.  I was really thankful my mom (Mimi) volunteered to come up and stay for the week.  I knew they'd have a great time with her, but I also knew that they are very used to our regular routines.  I did my best to prepare them for the timeline of things and they really did have a wonderful time!

My mom sent me tons of cute pictures of them while I was in the hospital.  I sent them lots of pictures and we tried to Facetime several times.

Everything went really smoothly and everyone enjoyed their time together.  My mom gave the kids a great report.  It was a fun week for everyone.  I'm super thankful to have had her help all week!  She took care of the kids, the house, the meals and all of us!!

My mom arrived with a car load of things.  We teased and asked if she was moving in with us.  She brought meals, groceries, crafts, toys, treats and activities to do with the kids all week.


Thanks for holding down the fort all week, Mimi!

Cute moments from the week:  Good morning, cuties!

Art time with Mimi!

The weather was gorgeous for most of the week.

Nothing makes a mom happier than seeing pics of her kids with HUGE smiles :)


Olive wrapped up the week by losing her front tooth.  I teased her that she better not lose it while I was at the hospital and then the night we got home she brought it to me in the middle of the night.  Ha!  Welcome home, Mom!



My mom was at our house Monday-Friday and then my Dad planned a super quick trip up to visit us on Easter Sunday.  He hadn't met Leo yet.

Leo Marvin meeting Marvin (AKA Papaw :)
Leo's birthday is April 7th and my dad's birthday is April 9th.
So in addition to sharing a name, they get to share a birthday week!

 




The big kids were excited for visitors after over a month of being home and going no where.

My parents are the only family members that have met Leo.  Everyone else has just gotten Facetime or social media introductions.  It's such a strange time to have a baby with all of the shelter in place orders right now.  We're thankful to stay home and keep everyone healthy BUT we're also very excited to introduce Leo to the rest of our families!

5 comments:

  1. What a blessing that your mom was able to stay with the kids! I love that she brought a car load of crafts,food, and goodies. She made the "big" kids feel special during Leo's birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is so adorable! I’m so glad she was able to come and help, and I’m sure she loved being able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for parents! I am so glad your mom was able to stay with the kids while you were in the hospital! Looks like Olive and Fletcher had a great time. :) That picture of your Dad holding Leo is just so sweet - there's nothing like a happy, proud Papaw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful your mom was able to help! That picture of your dad holding Leo is just to precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing of your mom to be able to come and provide you that security and comfort while you were in the hospital with Leo! I have never had a baby where I have had family in town… So I know exactly the stress that you were experiencing! When Cora was born we had one of Aaron‘s friends in med school, who is 23 at the time, come over in the middle of the night because we had to get to the hospital. You just do what you Gotta do! There is nothing like your own mom though taking care of your kiddos… I know it meant so much to you and I love that your dad also got to come and meet him!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.