Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Stars and Stripes

The 4th of July is less than 2 week away and I'm so excited!  I love decorating for it - you can head over to instagram to see some of my red, white and blue decor @polkadottyplace - and I love preparing festive food for the holiday.  I thought I'd share some of my favorite foods for years past along with a link to my pinterest board full of ideas for the 4th.

Are you hosting or going to a fun party on the 4th?  I think we'll have a low key day with our family and do some little fireworks.  My kids are still too little to stay up for fireworks so we'll have to save that to look forward to in a few years.  I'm still hoping to do a patriotic craft with my kids, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Prepare for some delicious RED, WHITE & BLUE foods:


PATRIOTIC PIES
We had mini apple pies one year to celebrate the 4th and they were so cute!  Everyone loved getting their own pie.  You can find the details here.


USA MONSTER COOKIES
Monster cookies are a huge favorite at my house and they're so easy to make for any holiday.  Just switch up your m&m colors and they're the perfect treat to take to a gathering.  You can find the recipe here.



TRIPLE BERRY SCONES
I'm not a huge fan of scones, but these were delicious.  I loved the berry flavor and the berry icing.  I'd definitely love to make these again soon.  You can find the recipe here.


RED WHITE AND BLUE TREATS
Dip all the things in white chocolate, add some sprinkles and you're set!


FESTIVE FRUIT
Fruit is so delicious this time of year so even if you don't want to spend a lot of time baking, you can still make some a festive fruit salad.  I just used mini cookie cutters to make my fruit salad.


SUMMER POUND CAKE
A friend told me that she made this recipe twice this month and it was a huge hit everywhere she went!  You can find the recipe here.


SPRINKLES
Add sprinkles to your favorite cake!  Pick up some patriotic Funfetti in the stores for an easy dessert option.







KID ART
It's always fun to do crafty projects with kids for the holidays.  Last year we painted some fireworks using bundles of straws and then did a hand & foot print flag.  I love decorating my house with their art each year.  Here's a little throwback picture of the kids from last year :)







6 comments:

  1. SO cute and So festive!! I love the mini pies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these so much, but the pies are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I STILL haven't made monster cookies, why oh why. That's it. I have been craving cookies. Maybe I have most of the stuff on hand. LOVE your festive foods friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the queen of the cookie cuters and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again... I wish we lived closer! You have the best sweets for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.