Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Giving the Gift of Food

It's the perfect time of year to deliver meals to families, share baked goods with your neighbors and friends.  I love baking so that's an easy one for me to do.  I have a friend who recently had a baby and I dropped of a meal to her.  I tried to make things really easy for them and for me.

I fixed a double meal so that we'd have dinner and then I'd have a dinner to give away.  Everything was the same for both meals so the prep was easy.  I gave the meal in disposable containers with labels on them and they were a big hit.  I found my containers are Meijer for under $3 and I loved that they came with lids.

Snicker Doodles with Christmas sprinkles
 Shredded Chicken Tacos with all the toppings
(lettuce, black beans, black olives, green onions, salsa and sour cream)

I included enough for them to have leftovers.
Packaged all the toppings separate so they could personalize them for the adults and for the kids.
Included directions and a note.
It was easy to drop off and they really enjoyed it.


Here are some other recipes that would be great gifts or meals to deliver:

Indoor S'Mores

Dark Chocolate Bites


Asian Chicken Pasta Salad


Ham & Cheese Pinwheels



What's your go to meal to deliver 
or food to give as gifts?


It's time to link up with my favorite Tuesday Talk Ladies.
Be sure to join us with your favorite post of the week.

Polka-Dotty Place

7 comments:

  1. I love giving baked goods but for meals I like to do pasta with salad and garlic bread, and I also really like to do muffins and fresh fruits so that the recipients have some yummy snacks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOM! For the second day in a row your food posts are making me VERY hungry. I love making cookie trays at Christmas and delivering them to friends on the 23rd or 24th. Which reminds me, I need to start baking soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little taco bar is genius! We've mostly just given baked goods at Christmas time (or just made extra during the year to share with neighbors). Back when my friends and I were all having babies I delivered a lot more meals - but not so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bringing a "taco bar" to friends who need a night off of cooking! I have never thought to deliver the tacos assembled with the meat and cheese- that's such a great idea!! Bringing a meal to friends is one of my favorite ways to show I am thinking about them- I don't know anyone who doesn't appreciate a nice, home cooked meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the family taco pack! Such a great idea to package everything like that! I'm going to have to remember that next time I take food to someone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea and I love the packaging! I'm watering a friend's tree while they're gone for Christmas and I wanted to leave them supper for the day they return. I think this would be perfect for them. Those snickerdoodles look so good - I need to make a batch this week!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ham and Cheese pinwheels are our go to lunch on the weekends. We love them and Connor eats them without fighting me so it's a win-win.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.