Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Where Do You Get Her Accessories??

I have a little addiction...
to accessories :)

I love to buy them for myself and for Olive.
I stick with earrings, scarves, necklaces, bracelets, shoes and bags for myself 
and buy headbands and shoes for Olive.
 
She has been wearing headbands since the day she was born.
She's always had a little crop of hair so the headbands have been perfect for her.  They add a POP of color and help people to recognize that she's a GIRL.  Although, she has been mistaken for a BOY while wearing a giant flower on her head... I've been putting them on her every day for her whole life of 9.5 months :)  She rarely messes with them and I think she's just used to them and thinks that she's supposed to always have one on!

My best advice for buying headbands is:
1. Measure your baby's head and don't purchase on-line based on their age to head guidelines.  Olive has always been in the 90th percentile for head size so according to most shops she's wearing toddler sized headbands.  I bought some for my niece one time using the guidelines on-line and it took her over a year to grown into them.
2.  Don't buy too many of one size.  Babies heads grow like crazy and so you will want to have a variety of sizes.
3. Don't spend a ton of money on one headband because they are easy to lose!  I had my whole family searching Christmas trash bags looking for a headband once.
4. People LOVE to buy little girls headbands so save your money and wait to buy some when they get a little older.  I got a lot of headbands for shower gifts so I'm just now starting to buy some of my own.
5. You can get great deals on GroopDealz, Zulily or any on-line discount shopping site.
6. If headbands are too big, too scratchy, have loose glitter or aren't soft babies will mess with them and their skin will get irritated.  Choose carefully and don't be afraid to ask an on-line seller questions before you make a purchase.

My favorites have come from:
Babies R Us
Hobby Lobby
Target
GroopDealz


10 small vintage newborn elastic baby girl adult shabby flower headband set lot 
Pick 5 baby bow clip and 5 interchangeable hair baby elastic interchangeable headband set

And our all time, favorite, most complimented baby accessory
are the GOLD baby moccasins from The Coral Pear
She's worn them for MONTHS and they are comfy, stylish and worth the money.

Where do you buy your baby accessories?
or
Do you make headbands or baby accessories??
I'd love to collaborate with you to showcase YOUR products.
Just leave a comment or email me at
polkadottyplace @ hotmail {dot} com

2 comments:

  1. I am a boy mom, so I don't have to buy many accessories, especially for hair :) But most all of my girl mom friends buy their boys from Polkadot Posies (http://store.polkadotposies.com/). That's where my sister gets all her bows for her girls, and I've also bought a few hair ties from there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Olives headbands! I wish I would have tried them more with my daughter. I bought some at a craft fair before she was born and they had the loose glitter so it really made it a negative experience for us. I guess it's not too late for us. I'll look around Target next time I'm there. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.