Monday, March 10, 2014

The Feeding Game

We are slowly introducing more and more solids to Olive now that she's 9 months old.
 I'll be honest... it's kind of like a game where I cut things up or peel or cook things, she plays with it and covers herself in the food and then I hose her off.  She loves it and has fun so that's the important part, but I have no clue how much of it she's actually eating.  Some days she flings it all off her tray onto the floor, some days she shovels in the food and other days are so-so.  The messiness isn't my favorite.  I kind of can't wait until she can eat with utensils and does not require a bath after each "meal" - haha.  Good thing she's still eating her bottles so I know she's getting what she needs.

Enjoy the funny faces of Olive...

LOVES:
bananas
slices of apples
licking fruits
noodles

HATES/Needs more time to come around to:
carrots
peas
corn
shredded cheese

I wasn't sure what to feed her and felt like I was running out of options.  So I found some great graphics to help give me some ideas for planning her mini meals.  Her doctor wants her eating some solid foods three times a day so we are working that into our schedule.

4 comments:

  1. Our pediatrician said anything except eggs and peanut butter and honey until a year so we went with it! By 9 months Clay was just eating whatever we were at meals and now he eats everything. I'm HOPING that he doesn't go through a phase where he gets picky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved her pictures! She's such a cutie - I know I tell you that everytime! Ha!

    When my daughter was about that age she loved avocado, which she doesn't really like now, and sweet potato which she still LOVES. :)

    You'll have to keep us posted on how her palate changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat little chart. And as always Olive is so cute! Even if she doesn't eat it she's getting so much fine motor practice this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearly love the top picture of little Olive Kate. So far it might be my favorite.Love you guys. Thank s for all the posts.......Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.