Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for...

1. Our friends coming to Arkansas for their Spring Break.  It was SO nice to see them after almost 2 years since our last visit.  Their girls were bigger and they loved meeting Olive for the first time.

2. Trying several good restaurants lately - Kobe Japanese Steakhouse was my favorite for dinner and I'm obsessed with a new gelato shop. 

3. My parents drove down to kick off Spring break with us.  We had a great visit and talked them into going to Mississippi with us for the weekend.  More exploring the city, looking at places to live, shopping and checking out the outlet mall scene.
4. We bought our flights to head to Utah in May.  Kevin's graduation date is quickly approaching.  He's been working on grad school/PhD for the last 10 years so we are all going to support him at graduation.  It'll be Olive's 1st flight!!

5. The weather has been b-e-a-utiful in Little Rock!!  The pansies are blooming, the trees are budding (aaaahhh-chooo!) and the sun is shining.  I'm thankful to be able to get out and go on walks with Olive.

6. Olive is doing great and staying healthy.  She's eating all kind of food, loving her toys and learning new tricks all the time.  She's testing her limits with standing and crawling in warp speed.  We are guessing that she'll be walking by her first birthday.

7. We are mapping out our next several months trying to squeeze in as many visitors, travel opporunities and fun from now through August.  We are hoping to make it up to North West Arkansas, head to Indiana, Utah, Mississippi and enjoy our time with friends and family.

8. I'm getting excited for the local farmer's markets to open and for the stores to have their shelves stocked full of fresh fruits and veggies.  It's always easier to eat healthy when things are in season.  I'm thinking big salads, grilling veggies and lots of colorful dishes.

9. I'm ready to decorate my house for Easter.  I feel like I'm getting to celebrate both St. Patrick's Day and Easter this year since they are so spread out.  I'm thankful for getting to enjoy both holidays and not feel so rushed.

10.  I'm loving making plans for Olive's 1st birthday party!  I haven't decided on a theme yet but I'm narrowing it down and am thrilled to be celebrating her first year of life (we made it!!) with our whole family.  I'm so thankful for her!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the farmers markets and produce stands to be open too, nothing better than FRESH fruits and veggies in spring and summer. I ate at a Kobe in Kansas City, it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you linked up with us today! It sounds like you have so much excitement coming up and going on in your life! Visitors and traveling are two things to definitely make the soul happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for our farmer's markets to kick in gear. BEST time of the year!
    Your little lady is just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad someone is having good weather.. We are getting hit hard with the cold still..! It's ok, Spring will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring on spring & all the yummy fresh produce!! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys are having a great spring break! I was just telling my husband that I can't wait for grilling season! Corn on the cob.. yummm :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.