Thursday, July 5, 2012

S'more Cookies

I'm a BIG fan of S'mores
so I knew when I pinned these smore cookies 
that it wouldn't be long until I gave this recipe a spin.

I made some changes to the recipe.
Here's what you'll need to make my version.

1/2 c softened stick butter
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/3 c flour
7 sheets of graham crackers
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
5 or 6 Hershey bars
1 cup marshmallows

Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes

Mix butter and sugars 
until well combined
Add egg (I didn't have any eggs so I used mayonnaise) and vanilla

Food process graham crackers or 
do it the old fashioned way like I did.

Mix all dry ingredients together.
Slowly add in dry mixture.

The recipe calls for 1 c mini marshmallows.
I only had big ones so I improvised.
Unwrap Hershey bars and break them apart.
This sized seemed good for cookies.
Add marshmallows and chocolate to cookie mix.
Use a cookie scoop to get even sized cookies.
Add a chunk of Hershey bar on top.

Bake them for around 10 minutes.
I pulled them out when the timer went off
and wasn't thrilled with the way things looked...
I quickly went to work with my spatula 
and scooped the marshmallowy goodness back into the cookies.
Let them set up for about 5 minutes.
Yum!!

Let them cool on tin foil for at least an hour
before you plate them.
I took these to a cookout and several people said,
"These are better than s'mores!!"

 It's too hot right now for a bonfire so this is a great alternative :)

Linking up at:

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE BRILLIANT! And you're also PINNED! These look AMAZING! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.