Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Recipe Club: Black Bean Nachos

I told my husband I'd fix his favorite meal for Father's Day dinner.
Guess what he picked??
I figured he'd say chicken parmesan or steak of some sort.
I was wrong.  He picked

NACHOS!
I made a few adjustments to my usual baked nacho recipe 
and they turned out even better than usual.

Put the following ingredients in a 9x13 pan in this order:
1 can black beans, 
2 cans chicken (drained, heated and seasoned with taco seasoning)
handful of sliced black olives
1 cup sliced red, orange & yellow sweet peppers
1/2 c corn
handful of chopped jalapeno peppers
1 cup your favorite salsa
1-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.

Chop lettuce, tomatoes
and have sour cream and additional salsa ready to garnish.

We dipped our favorite chips in them and had dinner two nights in a row with this recipe.  We love nachos so leaving the chips on the side helps the nacho dip to stay fresh and reheat well.

Linking up with Momfessionals today

3 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! That sounds like something similar I make called super nacho - it all just goes it 9x13 and we scoop it with chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh yum! We been on a Mexican kick recently, so we will have to do this! Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? They have black bean quinoa tortilla chips that are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look pretty fantastic! I'd pick nachos to something so yummy, messy and good about them. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.