Friday, June 26, 2015

Confessions...

A few confessions/silly stories/embarrassing moments
for your reading pleasure...

1. I was walking through the parking lot at Babies R Us and I hear some guy shout, Hey Sweet Thang.  I'm starvin.  Do you happen to have some cash so I can get some food?  I said no and hurried to get Olive in the car.  He kept on walking and it made me wonder if his sweet thang line was ever successful on women.

2. I got a hair cut while I was on vacation last week.  I scheduled it at the spa during Olive's nap, left Kevin and my MIL there with her and was excited to get a little update.  I intended to get a trim and add some long layers, but my stylist had other ideas.  I asked for two inches off the bottom and some long layers.  Well, I ended up with a hefty chop off and shorter layers.  She was a little hard to understand and I should have probably stopped her when she didn't seem to grasp my vision for long layers.  Her style was different than mine since she was older than me.  She said her cut looked better than what I was describing to her.  Le sigh.  Aren't stylists supposed to do what you ask them to?  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  Don't get your hair cut when you're on vacation or leave if your stylist doesn't get what you want or find a stylist you love and stick with them.  I have shorter layers than I intended, but it'll grow back in no time.  I am really looking forward to getting settled in Indiana and finding a stylist that I love.  No more of this stylist hopping from state to state.

3. I read through the spa brochure while I was waiting for said haircut.  They offered all kinds of services in the hair removal department that I've never heard of.  Anyone ever heard of a be-twe-zini?

4.  There was an abundance of THONGS and SPEEDOS on the beaches of Naples.  Women in thongs with lots of cheeks showing.  Men speed walking on the beach in speedos.  Men and women of all ages.  I felt a little embarrassed to see them, but they weren't phased and were proudly putting themselves on display.  Good thing Olive was too little to know what was going on.

5.  I think it's so rude when I am loading Olive into the car, putting groceries in and messing with the cart and someone sits and waits on my parking spot.  Clearly it's going to be a while before I'm ready to back out of my spot and I think they could easily find another spot.  I have learned not to rush for these people and do things at my own speed.  It's hard enough to get everything into the car in the heat.

6. Olive has started responding to our requests with, "Well.... No."
She also says, "My faborite." or "It pecial" or "Mine!" when we take something away from her.
I guess me saying things are special and she can't play with them has rubbed off on her.
She also says, "Fank you meow meow" instead of thank you these days.
I guess I have Daniel Tiger's friend Katarina Kitty Cat to thank for that one.

7. I'm a procrasti-baker.  I am great at coming up with excuses to bake to avoid doing important things on my to do list. I baked sugar cookies for my husband's co-workers yesterday.  I did work hard on garage sale stuff all morning so it was a tasty break.


8. I am desperately trying to come up with a good excuse to order myself a pair of Nickel and Suede's earrings.  They are lightweight, leather and are so pretty! 
I think I'd order the blush pair or the gold digger pair.
NewMetallicGold.png

Any confessions/silly stories/embarrassing moments to share with me?
Linking up with A Blonde Ambition

7 comments:

  1. I love these posts, girl! I know we'd get along in real life, ha ha!

    Sorry about your hair cut. {{sigh}} That is so annoying!!

    I think maybe after all your garage sale work, those earrings might be a good reward, no? ;-)

    p.s. we've had relatives in town so I'm missed reading your blog - can't wait to read more about florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I forgot to mention, that from the pic, your hair looks as pretty as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "fank you meow meow" is the CUTEST THING IVE EVER HEARD. Lol, seriously.

    And eww to the beach goers. I hope that doesn't happen while we're in Destin later this year! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your haircut, Whitney! ;) Nice job on those cookies! They're so fun and festive!! Have a great weekend! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, your hair turned out cute! I always have issues conveying what I want to a stylist, even when I have a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! So many funny things to chuckle at. I loved your line about the stylist saying she thought it looked better than how you originally wanted it. Oh mercy. But your haircut looks great!!! Hair does grow back quickly, thankfully. A be-twe-zini just sounds horrifying. I've never heard of it, but I don't want to know what it is. And I'm right with you with the person waiting on my spot. Especially if there are open spots elsewhere. I always go slow when I see that.

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your hair looks super cute that length! But I hate it when they dont do what you want. I hate when people wait on parking spots in general - let alone when I've got Olivia. LIike, clearly this is going to take awhile, hope you are comfy ;) but it just stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.