Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday Talk: Kids Want Our TIME

I've only been a parent for a few years, but I'm learning that the most important thing I can give my daughter is my TIME.  I love planning trips and fun activities for her.  I get excited to introduce her to new things, but the most precious thing I can give her is my time.  I don't need to spend loads of money on her all the time.  She just wants to spend time with her parents.


She just wants our TIME.

She wants to be with us.

She wants us to look her in the eyes when she talks to us.

She wants us to hold her.

She wants us to be silly with her.

She wants to help us and to get to do things with us.

She wants us to teach her new things.

She wants us to look when she says "Wook Mama!"

She wants us to answer her questions.

She wants us to sit on the floor and play with her.

She wants us to rock her to sleep.

She wants us to be there for her.

She needs us and we need her.


I'm learning and relearning this every single day.
Some of our best times are low key, spontaneous moments together.

Learning to golf.

 Doing yard work together.

 Watching airplanes fly by.

 Enjoying each others company.

Linking up with my favorite ladies today!
Join us with your favorite post of the week

(Starting from the upper left:)
Beth - Our Pretty Little Girls ~ Michelle - Grammie Time
Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Tara - Mrs. Coach Sims ~ Lauren - Simply Free
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Becky - BYBMG ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things
Polka-Dotty Place

11 comments:

  1. She and you are precious. TIME today is so important and I agree with you 100%. The thing with time today and parents, what I observe that is different than time way back when (my days) is social media. Put the phone down, stopping clicking every picture every second and just be present WITH your children. This is a great reminder to many. Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this just touched my ❤! So sweetly written and yes..all they really want and need is time. I love how you captured those special moments. She will treasure these and you have something to share with her when she gets older. So sweet. Visiting from Sunshine and Elephants on #TuesTalk, ~Lowanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO well said, Whitney! You are one wise Mama. Thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Learning to golf...that is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. Time truly is the most important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such truth in this post. And love that picture of Olive, hands on her face, watching airplanes. Adorable!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olive is so precious! You have to soak up all this time before she gets older...bottle up her cuteness! Is Tuesday Talks just for moms? (I've been meaning to ask for a while, but forget)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olive's looking at planes pose is too cute! You are so right about them just wanting our time. If Jack sees me doing something when he wants my attention he is command it. Like right now I am having to erase what he keeps typing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great reminder!!! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so true. And such a great reminder. When Olivia acts up I know its just to get our attention. I try to remember that and give her more attention prior to her acting up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.