Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day with Friends

We have been celebrating St. Patrick's Day 
with our friends in Utah for at least 7 years.
Erin does the meat, veggies, brown bread, drinks & salads.
I do the desserts, favors, and salad.
RAINBOW SALAD:
I used this recipe 
+ consulted my good friend Barbara who walked me through the WHOLE thing!!
 Choose rainbow colors of jello (Think ROY G BIV)
Boil 1 cup of water
Add jello, 4 or 5 ice cubes, stir until they are melted
and pour about 2/3 of mixture into a chilled & greased 9x13 pan
Let set for 15-20 minutes
While that is setting add a few scoops or whip cream to you remaining 1/3 of jello
This takes approximately 15-20 minutes per layer
I made 12 layers so do the math... this is a time commitment.
However, if you are home all evening, just set a timer and it's really not that hard.
Here's what it looked like in the pan:
Slice right before serving.
 I'm not usually a huge jello fan but everyone LOVED this!!
 We had Irish stew, brown bread, & rainbow jello.


FAVORS for the girls:
I found these adorable headbands at Zurchers for $2
 These were at Walgreens for $1
We are LUCKY to have such great friends!!
Do you think they liked them? :)

I also made my favorite potato salad
& my mom's famous sugar cookies this week:

Hope that you had a great weekend!!
:) Whitney

3 comments:

  1. The jello looks great! Nice Job!! Looks like you had a great dinner.
    Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love those cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.