Friday, March 2, 2012

Pretzel Bites

Who doesn't love soft pretzels??
I sure do 
so I was thrilled to come across this recipe for Pretzel Bites

Here's what you'll need:
10 Rhodes Rolls
2 T butter
Coarse Salt
Cinnamon & Sugar

Here's how to make Pretzel Bites for TWO:
Thaw Rhodes Rolls to room temp
Cut rolls into fourths with your kitchen shears
 and let rise until they double in size
*if you set a plate on the stove top it will get VERY hot
I have two nickle sized blisters as proof :(
 Bring water to a boil
Drop 10 or so pretzel bites into water for about 45 seconds.
Stir around and remove pretty quickly.
Be careful not to splash yourself with the boiling water.
 Let dry on a paper towel covered plate.
They will look a little deformed 
but don't worry because they will puff back up in the oven.
 Put all of them on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Melt butter in the microwave 
and get out your pastry brush so you are ready to brush butter on right away.
Pull from oven.
The bites should be slightly brown on top and browned on the bottom.

You'll need to decide in advance the toppings that you want in advance:
Cinnamon/Sugar
Sea Salt
Parmesan 
etc.

I chose Cinnamon/Sugar and Salt.
I had two topping stations (plate + toppings) ready to go when they were done baking.
Then I brushed butter on all sides of pretzel bites.

Then roll or generously sprinkle toppings on.
Here's what they'll look like right away.
 Let cool until they are a poppable temperature.
 These were amazing
and really easy to make.
I think next time I might try some cheese sauce for the salty pretzel bites 
or maybe even a cheese fondue.
An icing dip or drizzle would be extra tasty on the cinna bites.
Can't wait to make these again SOON!
Even the hubby was a big fan of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.