Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shoe Cobbler

Have you ever taken your shoes to the shoe cobbler?
I typically don't buy expensive shoes 
so I just toss them if they wear out.
However, I've purchased some or have been gifted some nice shoes lately 
that needed a little work.

Exhibit #1 My fave Ralph Lauren point toed kitty heels
were losing their heel cap (is it called a cap??)
 Exhibit #2
My favorite BORN boots also lost their rubber cap
 I was in Murray near Fort Union so I decided to give this place a try.
The man assured me that they could fix both
and would have to replace the "caps" on both shoes so they'd be even.
I agreed to pick them up a week later and figured $19 was a fair price.
 * If you happen to visit this store, 
don't be deterred by the very large pile of shoes behind the counter.
Even if it looks like they tag the shoes 
and then chuck them over their shoulder into a shoe never never land.

Fast forward a week and I went to pick them up.
He found the black ones easily.
I was impressed with the repair job
and the super shoe shine brand new look they had.
Side note:
My shoes looked much better when I was living at home.
I was super spoiled 
and my dad would often give my shoes a polish
to ensure that they looked their best.
 Needless to say, grown up Whitney has never polished her own shoes.

Then the man asked me what my 2nd pair looked like.
I proceeded to describe them and he dug through the shoe abyss.
Luckily they were found without too much effort and I was pleased.
 If you're in the market, I'd recommend going to visit the people
at Family Shoe Repair in Murray, UT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.