Friday, March 9, 2012

Cinnamon Twists

I've been anxious to try this recipe for Cinnamon Twists.
Here it is:
I've never baked with Puff Pastry sheets so I was excited to give them a try.
 Slice butter into 12 equalish slices and put in greased muffin tin.
 1/2 c chopped pecans & brown sugar.
 Evenly distribute brown sugar on top of butter.
Then sprinkle pecans on top of brown sugar.
 Thaw pastry sheets in fridge overnight.
This is what they look like straight out of the box.
 unfold
 Sprinkle with cinnamon and cut into six equalish pieces.
Twist slice on top of cinnamony pastry sheet.
 Roll up into a little pastry flower.
 Place each pastry flower on top of the butter/brown sugar/pecan goodness.
 Bake at 375 for 20 or so minutes.
Lightly browned on top.
 Turn muffin tin over on a cookie sheet and let sit for 5 minutes.
 This can be tricky: move quickly with several pot holders.
 Voila!
Some of the pecans stuck in the pan so I spooned them out.
 Let cool.
Plate and eat.
 Whitney's Tips:
These are best right out of the oven.
I'd sprinkle sugar on the pastry puff after I do the cinnamon.
I'd bake for 18 or so minutes instead of 20.
It's impossible to just eat one or two.
These are not gooey but are very yummy.
 Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. They were delish! Give them a try :) They are not as gooey as sticky buns but they are tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, these look great! Thanks for linking up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We would love to have you back!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.