Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Doughnuts

Any type of pumpkin dessert has sounded tasty lately.
I decided to give this recipe from Annie's Eats a try.

I cut the recipe in half as I was planning to make mini doughnuts.
I bought a mini doughnut pan several years ago at Spoons 'N Spice
and am always look for excuses to use it.
I made the above mentioned recipe and then piped it into the pan.
I made sure to Pam the pan really well so they would not get stuck in the pan.

 Bake at 350 for 8 or so minutes.
Doughnuts should be springing to the touch.
Remove from pan immediately.
Topping Station:
 I got my topping station ready while my first batch of doughnuts were baking.
I used melted chocolate, cinnamon sugar shaker, powdered sugar and
I made my own pumpkin frosting.
Confectioners sugar, spoonful of pumpkin puree, a few drips of milk and cinnamon.
You could also do sprinkles.
 The frosting was perfect for dipping and then fliping to dry.
 The sugar was best applied by dunking the doughnuts and stirring around.
 They needed to dry for an hour or so on wax paper and then I plated them to dry a little longer.
What an adorable batch of doughnuts!
My husband and I really loved them but 
thought we should share so we didn't eat all of them.
 I packaged them in clear cellophane bags, 5 doughnuts per bag, and
I cut leaf shapes (2 per bag) out of parchment paper to divide the layers of doughnuts.
 I tagged each bag with this note for my teacher friends.
 Add 4 different kinds of ribbon per bag, tie on tag and voila!
Tips:
I added extra pumpkin, sugar and flour (for high altitude baking).
I did not use the icing recipe listed but did a topping station instead.
The doughnuts tasted the best when we ate them right away.
They get a little soggy with the pumpkin frosting after a day or so.
I'm linking up to Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe with this cute idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.