Monday, November 29, 2021

Thanksgiving Break Recap

It's been a minute since I showed up here!  

Life is BUSY.  

I'm doing my best to get all the things done, but as you can imagine, something had to give.  The kids were off.  Kevin was off and everyone needed my attention.  I promise I will show up and blog when I can and if things get quiet here on the blog, just know that we're packing and prepping to move in early December.  Thanks for all the messages checking in on me last week :)

Thanksgiving week was a really busy one for Jordan Bakery Box.  It was so fun to build holiday charcuterie boxes and bake cookies and dip pretzels for orders last week.  Leo and I went to the grocery store several times in addition to having groceries delivered.  He's the best assistant as long as I bring him snacks.  I'm about to go on a break with our move so it was great to be so busy in November.

Charcuterie box for 2.

Thanksgiving Pretzels.


Happy 5th Birthday board.

Thanksgiving Big Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I had several orders for these and then I made more for neighbor gifts.

A regular size charcuterie box!

A meat & cheese charcuterie box.

I also did a lot of cooking for my family.  I made a big Thanksgiving feast for my little family of 5.  My pies gave me trouble.  I had to make a 2nd pumpkin pie because I burned the first one.  They were both yummy.  What did you make for Thanksgiving?


I bought turkey dinners for the cats :)

I packed the kids special Thanksgiving lunches on their last day before break - turkey, pie, ginger snaps and Thanksgiving candy.

We bundled up and went for walks around our neighborhood.


Thanksgiving morning!

We hopped in the van for a quick road trip on Thanksgiving morning. We swung through the Starbucks drive thru and he surprised Olive with her own Pumpkin Spice Latte.  She was THRILLED.  He's a sweet dad.

We stopped off to check on our new house (more on that later this week!) and then headed straight to Kevin's Nana's house for lunch.  There is always an amazing spread of food.

It was colder than I thought it was going to be.  I should have packed winter jacket instead of hoodies.  And both kids opted for shorts instead of pants.  Brrrrrr!

We headed to my sister's house for dinner.  Look at the pretty place settings!!  And those lovely Thanksgiving bouquets by my Uncle Ray.

Cousin table!

We finally got to meet my sister's new kitten - Boots!!  He was so soft and so sweet.  Leo kept snuggling him and saying AWWWWW.


Thanks for the yummy dinner, sis!

We zoomed back home and had a relaxing rest of our weekend.

How was your weekend?

I hope you had a great time with family and friends.  Did you do any holiday shopping?  I found some good sales online :)

 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love that you had your own Thanksgiving dinner before celebrating with family. I know you must be so busy right now...can't wait to hear about the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you got to come for Thanksgiving with alllll you’ve got going on! Bootsie says come visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.