Monday, July 1, 2019

Easy Oreo Frosting

Homemade Oreo Frosting sounds delicious right!?!?

Olive requested chocolate cupcakes with Oreo frosting for her birthday.  How could I say no to that??  I had never made it before, but figured I could use my homemade buttercream recipe as the base and add in Oreos.  I was right!  It was delicious!

Here's my recipe for Perfect Buttercream Frosting.

It's so easy and so good for cupcakes, cakes, graham crackers, cinnamon rolls and more.

I love to used a box cake mix and top them with homemade frosting.

I bought a bag of mini oreos for the frosting making sure to save one mini Oreo for each cupcake and then crushed the rest.

Tip: Crush the Oreos really fine if you are wanting to pipe the frosting on to the cupcake.  I failed to do this and my icing got clogged in the piping bag.  I ended up just spreading the frosting on with a knife.  It tasted delicious even though it looked different than I planned.

Everyone approved!  





Who could you make these yummy cupcakes for?? 

Maybe take them to your 4th of July parties later this week?

3 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.