Friday, July 19, 2019

Birthday Highlights: Fair, Fireworks and Fun!

Kevin turned 38 recently and we had a really fun week celebrating him with family and friends.  We packed in lots of Summer goodness in this month.


We have been catching and releasing a ton of lightning bugs every evening!  Our yard just fills up with them.

We went on a quick road trip to celebrate Kevin's birthday with family.  We made a stop at his favorite fireworks shop to stock up.

Red, white and blue birthday decorations.  I had the best time collecting festive party decor.




The kids helped him open gifts.

And blow out all his candles.





It was fun to see so many cousins!


Olive wrapped up tennis camp.

Kevin opened gifts on his actual birthday.

We headed to The County Fair.  It was hot, but fun.  We loved seeing the animals, the emergency vehicles, the rides and the snow cones.







Olive made her own birthday decoration - an I LOVE DAD birthday garland.

I made his #1 favorite buttermilk cake.  It's a yummy cake his Nana made and passed down the recipe to his mom and now to me.  I usually only make it once a year.

One of Kevin's presents was DATE NIGHT.  We did some organizing in his office, walked along the river and headed to our favorite mexican restaurant.

My favorites - Kev, queso, chips and lemonade.

I took the kids to our local farmer's market for Kid's Day.  There were lots of things for the kids to do.  They each painted a flower pot and then we found another vendor to buy succulent plants from.  They were so proud of their pots.  Now they live in my kitchen window.


My brother and his little girls came up to visit.  We had a great time doing our favorite things around town, baking peach cobbler and playing.


Tyler and I headed out to our favorite antique store.  Kevin watched all the kids and then we switched spots so Kevin and Tyler could go out and do some fun things.  Fletcher asked my brother, "Uncle Ty, How did all your hair fall off your head onto your face??"  He was totally serious and it was so funny.  Always enjoy hanging out with my little bro.

More late night playing with neighbors, popsicles on the deck, lightning bugs and bike rides!

I made my first fresh peach pie this week.  It was SO good!!  Did you see the recipe for it on Wednesday?  It was easy to make (easier than an apple pie) and it's definitely a new favorite at my house.

We've also been having some fun lunches!  Each kid got to pick out their favorites for lunch and we served them in an ice cube tray. 

Hope you have some fun plans for your weekend!  We're going to try to stay cool and enjoy doing some stuff with friends.





It's time to link up with my favorite blogging buddies for High Five for Friday.  Join us with a few different blog posts and be sure to look around to find some new blog friends

Becky @  By BMG Blog
Della @ Della Devoted
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Whitney P @ Come Home for Comfort





3 comments:

  1. My husband and I are heading out for a weekend away to celebrate my birthday! I can not wait for some sea, sun, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very fun week! The fair looks so cool. Have you shared the recipe for Kevin’s buttermilk cake? That sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.