Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Apple Salad & My Favorite Fall Recipes

I love eating salads year round.  They're my favorite thing to eat for lunch.  I can't wait to share this Apple Cheddar Salad with you today.

I've eaten it four different time this week.  It's that good.  It is fresh, crunchy and so tasty.  I couldn't wait to share the recipe with you today.  I am going to share the salad recipe along with a fun round up of all of my favorite fall recipes today.  Hope you're hungry!!

The recipe came to me from one of the most unlikely places... my junk mail.  Kroger has been sending out these magazines periodically with coupons and recipes.  I kept several of the recipes to try out this Fall.  Since we went apple picking last weekend we had tons of apples to eat.  This salad was perfect for Fall.



Doesn't it look delicious??

I made a few changes to the Apple & Cheddar Kale Salad recipe.  Here's my version below:

Ingredients:
Baby spinach
1 apple thinly sliced (we used Golden Delicious, but Honey Crisp would be great, too)
Extra sharp cheddar cheese chunks
pecans

Vinaigrette:
1 T finely chopped purple onion
1 T lemon juice
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T honey
1/3 c olive oil
salt and pepper
*Shake all ingredients together and drizzle over salad
 

I recently bought this small dressing shaker and LOVE it!!  It makes it so easy to whip up your own dressings.  It pours out so nicely AND it keeps the dressing really fresh in the fridge for several days.  I'd highly recommend it.  Click on the picture to shop:




Now on to my VERY BEST, VERY FAVORITE Fall Recipes.

All of these will be on repeat at my house for the next two months. 

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins


Indoor S'Mores Bars


Super East Roast Recipe


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal


The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Game Day Chili


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Bundt Cakes


Pumpkin Swirl French Toast


The Perfect Chicken Noodle Soup

Yum!!  Can't wait to make all of these.

It's time to link up with my favorite ladies.  Be sure and join us with some current blog posts.
Linking up with: Shay for How We Plan Dinners & Simple Purposeful Living 10 on the 10th



12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That sound looks amazing. I’m fixing it next week!
    Those bundt cakes look heavenly. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love salads with fruit. You never know where you'll find a good recipe - I found a great one for an orange vinaigrette salad dressing on the back of the Craisins package last night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have all the ingredients on hand for that salad and it looks so delicious :) YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apple salad looks amazing! And I am so ready for soup and chili weather. My neighbor just made pickle soup (she is from Poland) and it was so, so good. I think is next up on my soup-making agenda!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These all look so tasty! I need to plan some baking time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. I am reading this post and am currently starving...so I am ready to make every single one of these recipes!! I have the same little vinaigrette bottle and do not use it nearly enough!!
    I need to change that ASAP.
    My girls would love those s’more bars-I think I might have to make them this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am officially obsessed with those s'mores bars! I need to make them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That salad looks delicious and I have that same dressing mixer/bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just have one of everything sent to me please?!? Ha! Everything looks SO good! Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so funny about the Kroger magazine. I get that sometimes, so I'll have to take a look. You never know what you'll find in the mail. One of my kids' favorite muffin recipe was from an advertisement in the mail for Taste of Home magazine!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.